Things get sour

ADRIEN'S POV

I type a reply quickly.

   Oof aren't you popular.

Oh haha very funny.

What u wearin tomoz i type, after my father pops into my room and makes sure i ask.

A reply comes through within an instant i'm not really sure tbh

Just as i am about to type back, i hear a boom in the distance. I look at Plagg, who is googling 'Maturest Cheese Auction' on my computer. He looks at me and shakes his head.

'Wait! I haven't even finished looking y-'

I cut him off by saying the two words.

MARINETTE'S POV

I transform quickly before arriving on the scene. Looking down from the roof, i take a good look at the akuma. It's a girl, around my age, red heart painted around one of her eyes. She has a weird, tight suede red outfit and platinum blonde highlights. There's only one girl i know with hair that bright.

Chloe.

She turns around, brandishing a weird sceptre with a red heart crystal thingy on it infront of civilains, who all cower in terror. I look at the back of her studded jacket, which is embellished with a playing card.

'I am the Queen of Hearts!' She announces, waving her sceptre about wildly, 'And i am going to destroy the girl who stole my Adrien's heart!'

A weird green glow emits from the sceptre, and spreads to the civilians. They all instantly shape-shift into soldiers. As more and more people come to see the commotion, they are all hit by the weird green flashes. This includes Alya, who yells 'Marinette hasn't done anything to you!'

Wait. Did I just cause an akuma?

'She stole my Adrien and she will pay!' Chloe shrieks, 'I'm going to take her to my court when i find her and justice will be mine!'

I notice two feet land besides me and turn quickly, only to see Chat Noir.

Who may be Adrien.

'What's going on, bugaboo?'

I wince at the nickname. Adrien or not, that boy is always going to have his annoying ways.

'The mayor's daughter has been akumatised as she believes Marinette Dupain Cheng 'stole' her Adrien,' It sounds so weird saying my own name.

Chat looks disturbed, and he notices me looking. He grins, and we jump down onto opposite sides of the akuma.

'Hey, queenie! Why don't you lay your cards on the table!' my leather-clad partner taunts, twirling his baton to fight the green shots directed at him.

'MARINETTE DUPAIN CHENG! WAIT TILL I FIND YOU!' Chat looks at me, alarmed.

'Don't worry, she's safe,' i reassure him. He looks a little doubtful, which leads him to be spun and flung by his tail. I manage to save what would have become a very ugly scene by pouncing on him, and we end up rolling on the floor before halting. He is ontop of me, and i get a really strong sense of deja vu. All i can see is those green eyes. If this is Adrien...

I feel my cheeks burn and he quickly gets off me, before we chase the akuma. It turns out that her jacket is the source of the Akuma, and after a gruelling session of constant fighting and Chat's puns, i tear it into two and de-evilise. This was probably the most stubborn, difficult akuma i've ever been faced with. As everything repairs, i go and stand by the furious blonde.

'Ladybug!' she says, grinning, and for once i don't smile back.

'Chloe, what you did was very irresponsible,'i go into lecture mode, 'you can't just accuse one of your classmates of 'stealing' someone you like,'

'Yeah, plus Marinette is the sweetest person ever,' Chat joins me, 'And as far as i know, you don't own Adrien, he's allowed to hang out with whoever he wants to without asking you,'.

Chloe splutters, 'Marinette Dupain Cheng is the biggest fucking snake ever! She bullies me at school, you don't understand...'

I just gape at the lies pouring out of Chloe's mouth. I mean i always knew she was bad, but lying so casually is just.. so wrong.

'Lies!' Chat raises his voice, startling me as well as Chloe, 'You need to learn to accept your mistakes, Chloe, or you'll end up with no friends at all!'

I stand awkwardly, stunned. I have never heard Chat speak so harshly ever.

Chloe stands up, 'Fine! Just wait till you see what i've got in store for you!' Chat signals to leave, and we both walk away.

'You'll get what you deserve for taking the ugly bitch's side over mine!' i hear as we soar up to the so called 'den'.

'That was the worst i've seen her, like ever!' Chat says, shuddering.

I can't help but agree, 'The akumas are getting stronger and stronger,'

My earrings bleep loudly. I say goodbye and walk into my room seconds before i detransform. As i sit down to start my homework, i get a sickening feeling in my stomach. What did Chloe mean by saying 'you'll get what you deserve'? Is that aimed at Ladybug or Marinette?

Either way, i know that all the traces of peace that i was feeling a little earlier are definitely going to be disrupted. Everything has turned sour.

For now, i guess it's just a waiting game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was feeling productive XD. Very rare, i know. What do y'all think?

Updating soon.

Bug out!