Initial reactions

ADRIEN'S POV

I'm just sat in disbelief right now. I mean, how...

What..

This is just an all-time low, even for Chloe. I know her well enough to know that she's manipulated her dad into this. I guess this is her way of revenge.

Well, it's not very good, is it? Who's gonna believe this?

Everyone trusts ladybug and chat noir.

Don't they..?

Ladybug. I need to call her. I turn to Plagg and just as i'm about to transform..

'She's calling!' he yelps, and i say the magic words and look at the scren in my baton.

High tech. I know.

'Hello mi'lady,'

'Hi kitty, i don't suppose you're watching the news righ now, are you?'

'Erm, well i was actually just gonna call you,'

She shares a strained smile, 'Great minds think alike, huh?'

Poor girl. I mean, she's got to be around my age, and dealing with me as well as akumas, and school..

It's tough.

'Damn right,' i say, 'this is ridhiculous, even for Chloe,'

'Wait, you KNOW chloe? In real life?'

'Unfortunately, yes,'

She pauses, ' i know her too,'

'Well, we might know each other,' i rack my brains.

I mean, with or without Marinette in the picture, i still wanna know who LB is.

'If you're hoping for a reveal, it's not happening,' she reads my mind, 'but back to this, i'm sure that not many people are going to believe what ever lies there will be in that book,'

'Yeah, we have been around for like, nearly a year. If anyone was concerned, surely they would have..'my voice trails off as i hear a crackling noise.

Fire.

'Chat?' Ladybug says, sounding concerned.

There's no sign of a single flame in my room.

'I thought i heard..'

'Crackling? Erm, well you might wanna look at your TV screen,'

I turn to see live footage of an angry mob setting fire to the great statue in the central park. What the...

'It's only been like, what, 5 minutes since the book's been announced,' Ladybug ducks out of view.

'This is..' i mutter a stream of inaproapriate language, only to hear no response.

'Mi'lady?'

'I.. i'm here, chat,' what i'm thinking can't be happening.

Is ladybug crying?

What if an akuma happens?

It's up to me.

'Listen,' i enter the unfamiliar territory of emotion as Chat Noir, 'we are both in this together, okay? We are Ladybug and Chat Noir. We fight people nearly everyday, and we'll both keep fighting through this together, because we're a team.'

'I'm sorry, i'm such a baby,' her face comes into view.

My heart crushes as i see her wipe away tears.

'We've got this. Both of us have.'

'Just stay safe, kitty,' she says, 'my parents are calling me, so i have to go,'

'Okay, you too, mi'lady. I don't know what i'd do without you,' She grins, and the call is cut.

'Because i still love you,'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so this is really crappy and short, mainly because i've got exams, and some of my drafts decided to delete themselves, so yeah, it's greAT.

Bug out!