Learning to be parents

Peeta POV

It turns out that katniss and I have been pretty good parents. Lily is just beautiful, just like her mother. All though she has my eyes everything else about her is a perfect image of katniss. I walk downstairs and see katniss standing in the kitchen holding Lily. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist with my head peeking over her shoulder so I can see Lily. "She's beautiful just like you!" I say. "Thank you peeta! I just love looking at her eyes though!" "why?" I ask. "Because they are just like yours." I smile and kiss her cheek. That's when haymitch walks in the door and sees Lily and has a shocked expression. then I remember that he hasn't seen Lily before and I think katniss remembers this to because she is now walking over to haymitch and handing him Lily. "well bread boy she has got your blue eyes. gotta love that!" he says. I smile and nod. "and she's got your hair katniss. let's hope she doesn't have your personality dealing with one katniss is already enough can't image having two." he says. "I don't care I love everything about katniss even how stubborn she can be. I hope Lily turns out to be just like her." I say. "you named her lily?" yes!" katniss says. and haymitch smiles and says "what her middle name?" "hope!" I say. "you know what star crossed lovers, I don't want to be a bad influence on the kid so I'm gonna throw away all my liquor and I'm not gonna drink every again!" he says. I have a shocked expression and my face and so does katniss. "well you don't have to haymitch, but we appriciate that you are going to try!" Katniss says. and with that he hand katniss Lily and walks out the door.