Bad news

Katniss POV

I wake up hearing Ryan cry. I groan and turn over to find an empty space where peeta should be. Then I remember he has work today. I run to Ryan's room and soon calm him down when the phone rings. I run to the phone as best as I can with Ryan still in my arms and answer the phone. "hello?" "katniss?" "this is she." I say. "oh hey this is James I work with peeta at the bakery." "oh ok." "I am so sorry to say that there was a fire today at the bakery and peeta is severally injured." i feel my eyes start to tear up. "where is he?" I say very weak. "in the hospital. I am so sorry Mrs.Mellark." after he says that I run to haymitch's house and drop off Ryan and decide to take Lily with me. As soon as I get to the room peeta is in I see him hooked up to all of these cords. I soon begin to cry. They soon let Lily and I in the room with peeta. "oh baby." I say as I run to his side and start sobbing. "Mommy what's wrong with daddy?" Lily asks. "well sweetie he was in a fire accident at the bakery and got really hurt." I say trying to stay strong but I can't. Lily almost instantly starts crying. I try to calm her down and comfort her but I can't because I need comforting too. "peeta, honey please stay with me please don't leave me I need you and I love you more than anything. Please stay with me?" I say crying. then the doctor walks in and says "I'm sorry Mrs.Mellark but peeta has fallen into a deep coma and we don't know if he will ever wake up. He might but it's a very small chance." "Mommy will daddy wake up?" Lily asks. "I starting crying even harder and say "I don't know sweetie, i don't know." I say. Haymitch soon comes to the hospital and takes Lily but I don't leave and i won't until peeta wakes up. I refuse to leave his side. When haymitch and Lily leave I just sit there staring at my husband. I reach over and brush his hair out of his face. And kiss his forehead. "Please stay with me peeta I need you." I say sobbing. Then I hear a familiar voice say "always!"