December 6, 1860

I didn't feel an ounce of pain when I woke. I was surprised though to find Oliver still sleeping next to me. Usually he is up with the sun, but not today.

He was sleeping on his back, and I just stared at him. Memorizing every little feature, from the length of his eyelashes, to the tiny scar above his right eye. That nose is just the perfect shape and size, while those lips..well those lips know how to kiss mine.

I ran my finger over his bottom lip, and a smile crept up on his face. "You're up early." He said in a groggy voice.

"No, you just slept late." I leaned in and kissed his cheek, but he pulled me on top of him.

"That's because this is the best morning of my life." He smiled, then pulled my head down for a kiss.

He rolled us over and continued to kiss me. He pulled back. "Are you feeling good this morning?" He asked

"Yes." I continued to kiss his lips one peck at a time. I want more of being his wife like last night.

He began kissing me again, and I wrapped my legs around him as he slid inside me. He looked straight into my eyes as he paused. "I love you. " He pulled away and slammed into me, and smirked before doing it again.

"Oh god, I love you..." another slam. "too." I finished.

He held one of my legs up as he quickly moved his hips. "Yes!" I said, as he hit me so deep inside.

He bit his bottom lip as he stared at me. My toes curled and my body reacted, causing my hips to jerk and my insides to tighten.

"You're there..again?"

"Yes!"

"My god, you're beautiful." He watched me come undone beneath him.

My body relaxed and he paused. "Do you have any idea how beautiful you are, Mrs. Westlake?"

He flipped us around so I was on top of him. He never pulled out of me as I sat astride, and he just stared up at me. His hand gently caressed my cheek, then trailed down to my breast. He sat up slightly and took one nipple into his mouth, as he guided my hips back and forth.

I threw my head back in pure ecstasy, as he once again took me away from this world.

"It's happening again." I warned him, and he drew in a long breath and let it out. "I'm trying not to, so just ride it out." He grunted, as I tightened around him.

"I love this, Naomi." He was fighting a battle to hang on as I rode him. He gripped on to my hair, and as soon as I relaxed, he flipped us back over and this time lifted both my legs. He pounded into me so fast, I could barely breathe. The whole house must know we are making love by the noises created in this room.

I watched his face as he released inside me. He was concentrating so hard, then he stilled inside me, and I could feel it jerk inside me when his stomach contracted. His jaw dropped, then he closed it only to bite that bottom lip. He looks as if all the blood in his body has rushed into his face.

He grunted, then finally relaxed and let go of my legs, collapsing next to me. "I'll have a bath drawn for us." He said between hard breaths.

"Did I do it right?" I asked, and he rolled over and pulled me into him. "Better than I could have dreamed."

As promised, he had a bath drawn up for us, and we layed back and just let the warm water sooth our muscles.

"If we were arranged, why wasn't I married to you sooner?" I needed to know.

He sighed. "I held it off as long as possible. You know about Claudine, and when Vest came around, I was afraid for her safety. Once she left ,and I received word she was married, I allowed my father to arrange a meeting."

This hurts.

"You sent her off to be married."

"Yes"

"So she didn't marry for love, and neither did you." My voice broke.

He gently moved my chin up to look back at him.

"Claudine was just puppy love. It was innocent, and I never shared a bed with her, Naomi. I've always known about you. We met once when we were just children, and I remember it like yesterday. Then they showed me your image and my heart sped up. You grew into such a beautiful woman. I knew right then, that you would be my greatest love. Your father told me of your wild ways and your defiance. That only triggered more curiosity. I did marry for love. The love I knew we would fall into very quickly." He leaned in and kissed me.

He chuckled. "You made me so nervous I could barely speak. I've never seen such a beautiful woman. Then the day after we returned home, you came downstairs with that beautiful hair falling down your back and that riding skirt. I was a goner. It's you, and only you, that I love."

"I love you." I said and he kissed me again.

He didn't work this day. We rode our horses, walked in the meadow, curled up to a fire beside the lake, then made love the rest of the night.