February 12, 1861

It's been nearly two months since I've seen my family. War is now expected, and for months now, Oliver has been building hidden stairways, tunnels, and secret rooms.

He wants all of us to have an escape if it's necessary. He won't be with us of course. He will be fighting a war along with my father, brothers, and brother-in-laws.

Our love has grown, even though he works day and night to secure our home. He had sent for his two cooky uncles. They are aged, but they can shoot and run a farm. His Uncle Colin's son, Armstrong Westlake, will be here to run the business, although I predict most of our ships will be taken by the Union Army to fight for the cause.

Oliver is taking every precaution to make sure I'm safe. He sent most of our staff to the north, but many refused including, Mae, Mimi, and Bub. Our white staff have nowhere safer to go, and the north won't provide jobs, so they all stayed. The railroad will take care of the rest.

I was surprised to see him this morning when I woke. "Oliver, aren't you working today?"

He fluttered his eyes open. "I plan to spend the day with my lovely wife. I'm afraid you've felt neglected."

I had to laugh because I'm still naked from last night's activities. "I'm far from neglected."

"I'm needing to see your face in the daylight." He rolled over on top of me.

"Mrs. Westlake, have I told you lately how much I love you." He brushed the hair out of my face.

"You tell me daily." I answered honestly.

He pulled the covers off me and exposed me to him in the light of the sun.

"I love this wavy hair and these big brown eyes. Those lips provide so much passion, and this here," He reached between my legs. "gives me so much warmth."

I gasped when his fingers stroked me. His lips took mine, and I ran my fingers down his back. He pulled his hand away and I could feel his tip against me.

"I want to make love to you all day." He smirks.

"Then do it." I smiled back.

He slid inside of me, and I arched my back. "My god, I love you." He breathed out and looked at me.

"I love you more."

He slowly made love to me. Taking his time, making sure I know how deeply he loves me.

He spilled inside of me, and I reached my climax with him.

"I love you." I couldn't help my emotions. I've never been so loved in my entire life.

We had our baths and dressed in our warmest clothes. We took a ride on our horses, and as usual, raced to the tree line. He stopped his horse and jumped off. "Come." He helped me down and pulled me into him.

"I can't keep my hands off you." He kissed me and backed me into a tree.

His hands roamed my body and he reached down under my skirt.

"Mrs. Wastlake!" He gasped. "Where's your petticoat?"

I just looked at him, bit my bottom lip and shrugged.

"You bad girl you." He bit my earlobe and stroked inside of me.

His hand left me and he reached down between us to release himself, and he jerked my leg around his waist before slamming into me.

My jaw dropped and I arched my back, as he repeatedly slammed into me.

"Don't stop." I breathed out.

"Oliver!" I cried out, and he moaned into my ear.

"I love how you feel." He grunted as he worked hard to bring us both to our orgasms.

He pumped into me over and over again as we sang our praises to God, and finally released. I'm never as religious as I am when making love to my husband.

He pushed my skirt back down and looked around.

"Now you're worried about other people?" I laughed, and he just shook his head. "I wasn't worried about anything a moment ago." He winked as he shoved himself away, then pulled me back into him. "I'll never tire of this body."

"Nor will I." I ran my hands down his chest. "Let's go back, it's getting colder."

We raced back home with me winning of course. "Let me show you what you need to know about the work we've done.

"If someone enters the house and you're upstairs, you need to sneak into this closet." He pulled down a latch I can barley see, so he made me feel for it. "These stairs go straight to the cellar."

He led me down the dark stairway with an oil lamp. "If you don't have a lamp, just remember, 26 stairs then turn right."

He shined the lamp. "You have two choices. There will always be a canoe waiting next to the river if you take this first tunnel. The second tunnel leads out past the barn and into the woods on the far east side of the property. If you take that tunnel, you must travel by foot into town, or to old man Cooner's place.

This door here leads to a safe room. If the town and property are invaded, and outside is not safe, you hide here where I have a months supply of provisions. There's three beds, a separate room for you, disposal system for waste, running water, canned goods, blankets, oil and oil lamps, soap, matches, books, and extra clothing for men and women, plus a revolver and musket.

It only locks and unlocks from the inside, and ,as you can see, the door will be very heavy to close since the door is made of stone. We took the stone from the other side, so it's aged to match. This pully system will help you close it. Any questions?"

"How did you get this done so quickly?" I asked.

"A majority of this was done a few years ago. We just finished up what we started by extending the tunnels, building that staircase, and this room."

"How many can survive in this room with the amount of provisions provided?"

"There are enough provisions and room for 8, but you'll be squeezed in. The entire thing is cement and stone, so even if the Confederates burn our home, you will survive. I have firearms hidden almost everywhere and I'll show you those too. I actually have the mind to send you to Yorkshire. My mother's parents never came over. You would be safer overseas right now. My father already sent my mother." He looked at me hoping I'd agree.

"I won't leave our home."

"Your stubbornness is the reason I built all this." He pecked my lips, then took my hand to show me the hidden firearms.

He was right, firearms are hidden everywhere, along with some knives.

I just may be safer here than anywhere.

The Forgotten Ones (A Completed Steamy, Historical Romance)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara