September 3, 1862

When I woke, the sunlight bathed over my husband face. Memories of last night haunted me. How he could snap from smiling at our children at one moment, then turning into a beast the next, baffled me.

I forgive him. God knows how hard it is, but I love him, and we are in no way living under normal circustances. Now, I worry about the kind of men he has brought into our home.

The house is quiet, but the sun is assaulting our bed. Everyone's sleeping but me. I'm exhausted, but I'm afraid to miss a moment in my husbands arms. I need him to leave knowing how much I love him.

"Oliver." I whispered as I brushed my lips against his. "My love." I whispered again.

He didn't open his eyes. "Naomi." He whispered. "I'm so sorry." He said, and I placed my finger over his lips. "There's no place for regrets in our bed." I whispered.

I climbed on top of him and layed against his chest. "Give me another child." I whispered before my teeth tugged on his ear.

"You still want me?" He said

"Always." I whispered as I kissed his neck, and I could feel his arousal grow beneath me.

"I'll aways love you." I whispered, just before I layed my lips on his. He moaned as his hand traced down my back. I sat up and pulled my shift off me. He opened his eyes and looked at me. From my eyes, to my breast, then to my fat stomach.

"You're even more beautiful." He said as he sat up and wrapped me into his arms. I shifted my hips to rub myself against his hardness.

I lifted myself, then sank him into me. "Another baby, Oliver." I said.
He breathed out. "Yes, another baby."

He flipped me around and moved on top of me. Slowly making love to me like it was our first time again. Gently moving and holding my hand, as he kissed my neck, then my lips.

"You feel so good Oliver." I talked him through it, as he held back from slamming into me. "I need your gentle touch again." I reminded him.

He flipped us back around and sat up, as I rode him astride once again. "People know our secret." I said to him, and he stilled. "What secret?"

"I ride astride."

He laughed. "Every woman does."

He looked at me with such a smile. The smile of my husband, and not the beast that hurt me last night.

"You are so wild, but so innocent." He kissed me.

Our movements intensified, and he took us to our other world together as he gave me his seed. A gentle and loving moment nobody else will ever share with him.

He held me as I cried. His departure is too soon, and I don't want him to go back to his hell.

I lose a huge part of him every time he rides away from me. I'm fortunate to have had encounters with my husband. Many wives have not seen theirs since the war broke out.

He rides away, but stops before he is out of sight. He turns his horse around and races back toward me, only to jump off and pull me into his arms one last time. His mouth devoured mine. My feet dangle toward the ground and I can barely breathe.

"When you see me next it'll be for good, and I'll come back the man you need me to be, and I'll pray every night that we have another child. I love you so much." He said, before kissing me again, then letting me go. He jumped up on his horse and winked at me with a smile, then rode off out of sight with his men.

All of the stress and fear of the past hours hit me, and I fall to my knees and cry. Armstrong dropped next to me and held me tightly. "He will return." He said.

Finally he stood me up and looked at me. "What is that?"

He pointed at my neck. "Naomi, what did he do to you?"

I had no words. Bub and the Uncles stood there with hate in their eyes as I looked around. Armstrong took off, but Bub caught him. "What happens between sir and ma'am is their business. Cool it off!" Bub yelled.

"He inflicted pain upon her." Armstrong tried to pull away, and Patrick walked up.