October 28, 1863

The journey wasn't difficult because the scenery was beautiful.  The twins were restless, but we managed.  Oliver helped me out of the wagon, then helped the children and Claire.  The staff on these grounds were numerous, and the house is one like I've never seen.  Oliver has visited England and even attended college here, so this is not new to him, but for me it's an entirely new world. 

I can only guess this estate has more acreage than we have at home.  Oliver's family is, and always will be, more privileged than my own. 

The home was equipped with modern luxuries and every room is extremely large.  Everyone is very formal and the stable did catch my attention, then Oliver caught it, as I found him smiling at me. 

"I'll race you to the meadow later, and yes, you can ride astride."  I blushed, and I know he saw it. 

We dressed for dinner as the house staff prepared a feast.  While we waited, Oliver walked the grounds with me and we stopped at the stable.  I gasped at what was inside.  The breeding of these horses must be exemplary.   I ran my hand down the white stallion, then felt him behind me.  His hand covered mine as I ran it down the neck of this fine creature. 

"You can ride this one if he's to your liking."  I felt lips on my neck.  "Oliver."  He turned me around and looked into my eyes.  "I need to kiss you, Naomi." 

I just stared at him as his lips came close to mine.  "I miss you."  He said, and I felt emotions rise to the surface. 

When his lips finally took mine, I thought I would feel fear, but instead, I felt like I was finally home. 

He deepened our kiss and, finally, I felt my own arousal.  I moaned, and he took a sharp breath.  He slowly pulled his lips away.  "I won't take you until you are ready.  I love you so much, Naomi.  Every minute I wait is worth it, my love."  He cupped my face with his right hand, and my head rested against it as I closed my eyes.  I'm awakened by his touch, and slowly I feel my freedom returning. 

I opened my eyes and looked up at him.  "Soon?" I asked, and he whispered.  "Soon."  Before placing another kiss on my lips.

I fell asleep  in my husband's arms once again that night. 

The following morning, I woke to the sound of drapes sliding open and a fierce assault from the sun.

"Someone promised me a race."  He sat down next to me as I stretched.  "A race?"  I groaned.

"Yes, a race to the meadow, and your stallion is already being saddled."  He pulled me out of bed and pulled out a riding skirt and blouse.  "No corset, no petticoat.  I'll meet you downstairs." 

He winked at me, just before he shut the door. 

"What just happened?" I shook my head and finally laughed.  A huge smile crept up on my face and I dressed just as he asked, then brushed out my hair only to tie up a small portion on the top into a ribbon.  I slipped on my boots, and quickly took off downstairs.  I saw my husband staring out the back and I ran past him.  "You can't catch me."

I ran, forgetting my husbands limp, but somehow he caught up and pulled me into his arms.  "So beautiful."  He kissed me then let go, and we both took off for the stable. 

He winked and climbed up on his horse, knowing I prefer to do it myself. 

"Are you ready?"  He said, and I nodded.  I kicked my horse and took off as fast as we could go.  This beast is nothing like what I have at home.  The wind blew through my hair, and I couldn't take the smile off my face.  He was gaining on me, so I kicked again and couldn't believe the amount of strength this horse has within him. 

As soon as we reached the meadow, we tied.  We both quickly jumped from our horses, and Oliver took me into his arms and swung me around. 

"You are something, you know that?"  He said while he was out of breath. 

"I love you, Oliver."  He pressed his lips against mine and leaned so I was helpless in his arms.  If he let go I'd fall, but I know my husband would never let go. 

"Come on, let's go explore."  He said, and we both got on our horses.

We made it back before lunch, and the stable boy took our horses.  We found our children in the dining room preparing for lunch. 

It ended up being a beautiful day. We took the kids outside, and they played with us for hours in the vast lawn until dinner.  I changed into a more appropriate dinner dress after a hot bath. 

My husband entered the room after dressing an hour ago to bring me downstairs for dinner.  "Stunning as always."  He kissed my cheek, then my neck.  "You smell devine."  He then pulled back, leaving me weak to my knees. 

During dinner, he asked the Butler to build fires for the evening.  The fall air is becoming crisp at night.  We ate, and all of the sudden we heard. "Dada", but it wasn't Ollie this time.  It was Elizabeth.  She smiled and blushed, then hid her tiny little face in her tiny little hands. 

Oliver set down his napkin and rose from his chair, only to pick Elizabeth up and hug her tightly.  "I love you my sweet daughter." 

My heart melted.  He sat back down with Elizabeth on his lap and fed her off his plate.  "You're going to spoil that child."  I warned him.

"That would be my plan."  He smiled down at our daughter, and she buried her face into his chest. 

Maybe, just maybe, everything is going to be okay.