September 1, 1862

The next day I didn't feel well. I argued with Patrick and demanded alone time to swim in the creek. Him and Armstrong both agreed, as long as I took a revolver. They are uneasy with Claudine's return.

I tied my horse to a tree and tested the water with my toes, before stripping off my clothes and walking into the flowing water. It felt amazing to do this once again. I brought some soap and washed my body and hair.

The creek provided relief from the hot sun. I sang the melody from last night, and took the amazing coolness off the water. Time had gotten away from me, and I must have been in my own world, so I climbed out of the creek and my clothes were gone. I frantically reached for my revolver and hid behind my horse.

"Whomever is sneaking around these parts needs to show yourself without firearms.

I heard the cracks of a twig and saw dark blue move behind a tree.

"I'll shoot if you're not out here in three seconds." I yelled. I will, I'll shoot the bastard.

I saw a hand hold out my clothes. "Would you be looking for these ma'am?"

That voice!

"Oliver?"

He walked out from behind the tree, and I sprang forward toward him. I jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist. "Are you alone?" I asked, and he chuckled. "Yes, my men are at the house."

I slammed my lips down on his, and he held me ever so tightly. I wiggled out of his arms and pushed his uniform jacket off him, while he held my face and kissed me. One button at a time I undressed him to expose his strong hard chest.

"You are all ready for me." He said, then slammed his lips back onto mine. He must have known what would happen, because his boots were already off when I pushed his pants down exposing him to me.

He threw his shirt on a downed tree, then sat on it, while I climbed on top him and sunk him inside me.

"I love you." I breathed out, and he bit my ear lobe. "I missed you dearly." He said as I began to rock my hips.

I threw my head back and he held his hands on my back, then pulled my head down for a desperate kiss.

"Naomi." He strained against our intense emotions as I rode him.

"You're so tight." He said as I rode him harder and clamped around him.

"Yes!" I cried out as I my arousal climaxed.

"You're so beautiful." He said as he watched me enjoy my first orgasm in what feels like forever. As soon as I relaxed, he had me on my knees pounding me from behind.

"Naomi!" I love it when he cries out my name.

I felt his body turn rock hard as he shoved himself deeply inside me and stilled. "You're my heaven."

He spilled inside me, then pulled out of me. My body was turned around by his strong arms, and he held me tight and kissed my lips.

"How long can you stay?" I brushed his hair out of his face.

"Only for tonight. We have to be in Indianapolis by tomorrow night." He said, and my heart sank in disappointment. "Come, I haven't seen my children yet."

We quickly bathed in the creek, then dressed and raced our horses to the barn. My husband still looks at me with lust in his eyes. I slid off my horse just as he jumped off his, and I started for the house to ask Bub to tend to the horses, but Oliver grabbed my arm and pulled me into him.

"One more kiss." He said, and devoured my lips. He backed us against the wall and his hand hiked up my skirt. I gasped as I felt fingers slid inside me. "Someone could see us." I reminded him.

He ignored my reminder, and with his free hand, he released himself from his pants and wrapped my leg around his waist as he thrusted inside me.

"Oliver!" I cried out. My husband thrusted in and out of me, and the lust in his eyes didn't look like him anymore.

"Do you touch yourself when you think of me at night?" He grunted, and I just bit my lip.

"Your bed won't be cold tonight, Naomi." He thrusted again. "You may not walk tomorrow."

His face looked strained, as he squeezed my breasts so hard there may be bruises in the morning.

"I love you Oliver."

"My god, Naomi you have no idea." He thrusted again.

His rough calloused hand held on to my thigh as he grunted and his jaw opened wide.

He pulled out of me and flipped me around so my face was planted against the beam. He was rough when he lifted my skirt and exposed my backside to him.

His fingers dug into my hips as he pounded into me from behind. I cried out in pain and pleasure at the same time. "My wife is a naughty woman walking around with no pettycoat."

"I'll wear one." I breathed out, just before I screamed out his name.

"Don't you dare! Oh god!"

He grabbed my hair and jerked my head back and kissed me. He whimpers as he explodes inside me.

He finally relaxed. "Thank you." He said. My hips throbbed with pain from his unclipped nails, and the scratches of his beard burned my face.

This is not the man I first bedded almost two years ago.

He fastened his belt and took my hand. "Let me see my children." He pulled me toward the house, then stopped and picked me up and carried me through the door. I laughed at his urgency, then heard two little giggles coming from the parlor.

He set me down and smiled as if he was almost nervous. I walked in and picked up Elizabeth, while Mae held Ollie.

His eyes softened and I thought for a moment there would be a tear, but it never showed. Elizabeth curled up into my chest when Oliver tried to touch her. She doesn't know him and she is scared.

He looked at Ollie as Mae approached. Our son just looked at him with curiosity, then reached for his beard. He gave it a good tug, and Oliver pretended it hurt. Ollie giggled, then leaned forward for his father to hold him.

Oliver took him into his big strong arms and sat on a chair. They played for a good while, and Elizabeth just watched.

I pointed at Oliver and said "Daddy." Ollie just smiled, and Elizabeth was still very shy.

I had Oliver and their men change out of their uniforms. It was still early enough to wash and dry them. Oliver only trimmed his beard to my dissatisfaction.

The moment dinner was over, he played with Ollie again and, finally, Elizabeth allowed him to hold her. I've not seen that smile on my husbands face in a very long time.

I can tell he has seen some terrible battles. I noticed scars when we were at the creek, and he still has bruises and cuts on his face. Maybe it's the reason he wouldn't shave.

Please vote comment and share...