Chapter 38: Genesect

*Y/n POV*

Darkrai and I walked down the hall in compete silence. We followed where we had seen the general and scientist walk off to.

"Dad," Darkrai said, "Look at this."

I walked over to where he was, and looked through a giant window, which led to a massive factory. What I saw confused me.

They seemed to be making arms, legs, and heads, for some strange creature. It seemed to be a robot creature, with the face of a bug. It appeared that these robots were inactive, at least for now.

Darkrai and I continued our way down the hall, heading towards where we heard people talking.

"General, we need the money!"

"Not until you show me the prototype," Ironwood replied, "I know you have one."

I heard someone sigh. I then heard someone walk around the room.

"Here you go General," The scientist said, "Here's our prototype."

Darkrai and I poked our heads around the door, and saw that the scientist was standing in front of a lever on the wall. He pulled the lever and a giant garage door started opening. When it was fully opened, my eyes  widened.

"Dear Arceus..."

"This, General," The scientist said, "Is project Genesect, the same robot that the blueprints from the other world wrote about

"This, General," The scientist said, "Is project Genesect, the same robot that the blueprints from the other world wrote about."

"My Oum," The General exclaimed, "This! This is what I was asking for Doctor! From now on you'll have everything you need to continue the research!"

"We need to get in there," I said, "Now."

We pulled out our weapons and rushed into the room.

"General Ironwood! Don't move!" Darkrai yelled.

"Y/n? Darkrai? What are you two doing here?" Ironwood said, "Damn it, put the weapons down! Or we'll shoot!"

He pulled out his pistol, but before he could point and shoot, I punched him in the face, and the gun went flying and skidded across the ground. He fell face first on the ground, and I put my scythe to his back.

"You lying, half cyborg son of a bitch," I said, "You should die where you lay."

"Oum damn you," He growled, "Doctor! Activate Genesect!"

The scientist ran over to Genesect and began to play with a pad behind its head. After a few seconds, he closed the pad, and Genesect's eyes began to glow bright red.

It spoke in a weird robotic voice.

"[Genesect Project Initialized. Status: Active. Targets: Scanning.]"

It looked over everyone in the room, and it's gaze landed on me and Darkrai.

"[Targets Received. Objective: Destroy.]"

It flew at me with a speed of at least a hundred miles per hour. It slammed me through the wall, and then went after Darkrai.

*Third Person POV*

Genesect stopped and began to speak again.

"[Genesect Type Inefficient. Activating Shock Drive.]"

The light turned yellow and charged up a Techno Blast. It launched it at Darkrai, who shot back a Shadow Ball. The two attacks struck and exploded.

Darkrai opened a Dark Void, and sucked Genesect in, expecting it to fall asleep. It came out, and pushed itself off the ground.

"F*ck."

Genesect flew at him and punched him in the stomach, and sent him flying into the wall.

Suddenly, as Genesect was walking towards him, he tripped on a wire, breaking it and sending a shock through his body.

His eyes shut off for a second, then came back on. He was twitching and spoke in a buzzy voice.

"[G-G-G-Genesect P-p-p-project initia-a-a-a-alized. T-t-t-targets Received. Obj-j-j-jective: D-d-d-dest-t-t-t-troy-y-y-y...]"

It flew into the air, and disappeared into a bright flash.

Y/n pushed himself out of the ruble, and walked over to where Ironwood was still laying.

"You f*cked up now," He said, picking up Ironwood's revolver, "I'll be taking this."

His wings spread, and he shot into the air, shortly followed by Darkrai.