Chapter 51: On The Road Again

*Third Person POV*

Everyone was walking through the woods, enjoying the calm and peacefulness that the woods brought. Y/n was leading the group, with Zekrom and Reshiram following right on his tail.

"So," Y/n said, breaking the silence, "You two came from the same pokemon, right?"

"Yes," Zekrom answered, "We were once a single dragon pokemon, and two hero used our power to create the Unova Region. When those heroes began to fight over ideals and truth, we split into two pokemon."

"Then we fought," Reshiram said, "For YEARS. When the brothers decided that the battle could not be won, they decided to get over themselves. But then, their children began to fight again, and used our power to destroy the Unova Region."

"Awesome." Y/n said.

"Less awesome when you're destroying something you created," Zekrom said, "Anyway, we started a massive fire, and the Swords of Justice had to save a bunch of pokemon. After that, we learned that a piece of our former body still existed."

"Brrr," Reshiram shivered, "Please don't remind me of him."

"Who?"

Zekrom gave him a look out of the corner of his eye, "A terrifying, soulless beast, who mercilessly attacks anyone who disturbs him. We've both sworn that if he ever got free, we'd go back to being one pokemon before we let him roam free."

"Sounds powerful," Y/n said, "I like him."

"No, you don't understand," Reshiram said, "He's a husk, a shell, leftovers from when we split. There's nothing good about him, and he'd kill us all if he saw us."

Y/n laughed, and the twins looked at him strangely.

"You kids haven't been around long enough," He laughed, "If you want to see a heartless beast, pick up a mythology textbook when you get back home. Flip to the section 'The Burning of Sinnoh', then get back to me."

"The Burning Of Sinnoh?" Zekrom questioned, "Your work?"

"Ooh, ooh!" Reshiram said, "I've heard about this! When you were young, you set most of Sinnoh on fire, leaving almost no one alive! The fire took the combined power of Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia to put out!"

"Incorrect!" Y/n said, surprising them, "The Lake Guardians also had to help put the flames out."

Reshiram had stars in her eyes, as she looked up at her hero and idol. She knew that there was nothing she could do to surpass him, but she sought to at least impress him.

Far from them, in a small, dark warehouse, Cinder and Grimm sat across from each other at a large table. Dust began to rise, and a form appeared out of nowhere, revealed as Salem.

"Do you know my orders?" She said.

"Yes, Mistress," Grimm said, bowing slightly, "We will eliminate Giratina completely."

"Good," She said, "Do NOT fail me."

She disappeared into dust, and Cinder turned to Grimm. She glared at him, and Grimm returned the glare.

"Do you have a problem?" Grimm asked, "Because I'm sure Mistress Salem could answer it."

"No, not at all."

The two had come to resent each other, bound only by their hatred of Y/n and working for Salem. Whenever they were alone, there was a risk of the room bursting in flames.

Grimm walked out of the room, and Cinder looked up into the sky, seeing the moon and stars above her. She began to think, and wondered if she was making the right choice.

'No, it must be right,' She thought, 'Salem would never lead me wrong, even if it means I must work with that Grimm fool."