Chapter 55: New Trail

*Y/n POV*

I sat in front of the fire, watching the food slowly rotate over while the flames licked it. Reshiram was also watching, and Zekrom slowly rotated the fish.

"Oh sweet mother of f*ck," I groaned, "What the hell are we doing?"

"What do you mean?" Zekrom asked with a yawn.

"We could be chasing after Grimm and Cinder right now, but instead were just sitting around watching fish cook," I complained, "It's pissing me off."

"I agree it's a waste of time," Reshiram said, "But Darkrai said he wanted to try something, so here we are."

I fell onto my back and laid there like a starfish, as I saw a shadow come over me.

"Hey handsome~."

"Good morning Yang, Darling," I greeted, "How are you this morning?"

"Oh I'm fine," She said, "But I hear you're bored?"

"Yep."

"I know something we could do~" She whispered, slowly getting on her knees while looking down at me, positioned so we were pointed opposite directions, "Something really fun~"

"Oh yeah?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, "Please, go on."

"Well, I think you'd enjoy it a lot~" She said, positioning herself so she was facing the same way as I was, on her hands and knees over me, "We'll both feel really good~"

"Ahem," Someone coughed from behind us, "If you're both done, we'd like to tell you something."

We both looked up and saw Darkrai, Cresselia, and Blake standing there. Darkrai was sighing, Cresselia was rubbing her eyes, and Blake crossed her arms.

"Party pooper," I said, "What is it Darkrai?"

Yang got off me and we both stood up, wiping the dirt off our clothes. She began to walk back to the tents, stopping next to Blake on the way.

"Don't worry," I heard her whisper, "I promised we'd share.~"

She turned to me and winked, and I returned it. Blake then looked at me and glared, which I just shrugged to. Blake huffed and walked off, disappearing into the woods.

"Alright, my so-called 'best friend' and son," I said, "What is it you wanted to show me?"

He held out a hand, and revealed that it was full of a black dust. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

"Dust?" I asked, "Why dust?"

"Dad," Cresselia said, "Take a whiff. Smell familiar?"

I followed her advice, hesitantly, and took a deep smell of the dust. It smelled extremely familiar, as if I knew exactly where this dust came from.

"Grimm," I said, "This is what he's made of."

"Yep," Darkrai said, "Found this right over there. I figured we could follow it to find him."

"I'm not a bloodhound, dumbass," I said, "But... I... I do smell something... familiar."

I took a whiff of the air, and then shot my hand out towards the woods, pointing.

"That way!"

Darkrai smirked, and I glared.

"F*ck."