Chapter 57: Cold As Ice

*Third Person POV*

Y/n readied his blade at his side, as a massive form destroyed the ground around him. The form flew into the air, causing a cold breeze to blow through. Y/n spread his wings and launched into the sky, looking back at the enormous creature below him.

"Holy shit," He mused, "That's a... well, to be honest, that's impressive. Not nearly as big as me, but that's still massive."

The creature let out a terrifying roar, and ice shards flew at Y/n, impaling into his legs and arms.

"Ow shit!"

"Y/n!" He hears Reshiram's voice shout, though he could see her through the thick fog that was growing, "Kyurem will destroy you!"

"Kyurem, huh?" Y/n said, pulling a shard of ice out of his arm, "I heard a lot about you."

He floated down to the ground, pulling a second shard out of his foot. Black blood poured from the wounds, but quickly dried and disintegrated. Kyurem roared again, sending more shards flying at Y/n.

Y/n jumped over a collection of fast traveling shards, before falling and rolling under some more. He turned away from Kyurem, closing his eyes and ignoring the beast's roars.

Kyurem's anger came to a head, and he charged an ice beam. The beam shot straight towards Y/n, who was still turned away. As the beam came with a few feet of Y/n, his eyes shot open, and he clutched his sword tightly.

The ice that was flying at Y/n was cut in half in a flash of light, as Y/n's blade glowed with a bright golden light. He turned towards Kyurem, and the soulless beast cowered in fear as his glare could melt the ice surrounding them.

"But nearly as impressive as you are," Y/n growled, "You're nowhere near my level."