Chapter 56: Trail Goes Cold

*Y/n POV*

I lead us through the forest, towards a massive mountain off in the distance. Grimm's scent was only getting stronger the closer I got, so he had to be there.

After getting over the dignity I lost after being forced to be a Houndoom, it didn't take us long to immediately take off from camp.

We had been walking for about five hours already, and were not far from the mountain. The ground was already starting to slope upwards and the air around us was getting colder.

"Hey," Jaune said, "Why is it so cold? We're not that high up."

"You're right," Darkrai said, "It shouldn't be this cold."

"We are pretty far up north," Cresselia added, "It could just be how cold it is up here."

"Doubt it," MewTwo interrupted, "We're south of Atlas and it's the middle of summer. Should be warm."

"I don't really care," I said, "But my nose is so cold I'm losing the scent. Let's get to the top of this mountain so I can find these bastards."

"Good idea," Weiss said, "Climb faster."

We carved a path up the mountain, walking through trees and bushes. Eventually, all the trees died, and we came across just a field of rocks on the side of the mountain.

"Let's take a break here," Yang said, "Not like the trail's going anywhere."

"Sure thing." I replied, "I'm tired as shit."

We all sat down on the rocks, and I leaned back with my hands behind my head. I closed my eyes, and let myself drift off a little bit. After about twenty minutes passed, I heard rumbling on the rock beneath me. I looked over and saw that some pebbles were jumping around, fast.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked.

Everyone stood up and began to look around, pulling out their weapons. I noticed the air got colder, and two familiar figures appeared.

"Grimm and Cinder," I said, "Good, now I can kill you."

"Too bad we're not really here," Cinder said, "Not like we'd put ourselves in actual danger."

I shot a Dragon Pulse at them, and it went right through them. They were made of dust, and the dust returned to normal when it was shot.

"Told you," Grimm said, "We don't have to deal with you ourselves, we have a new ally on our side."

The ground began to shake even more violently, and the Earth began to split between me and everyone else. They were pushed away, and something began to come out of the ground in front of me.

"Holy shit," I said, "That's one cold son of a bitch."