Chapter 49: Story

*Third Person POV*

"Come on, is that all you got!"

Y/n taunted the two dragons that were attempting to hit him with fire and lightning. The two younger dragons were panting as they tried to keep up.

Reshiram breathed flames at him, and he turned into a shadow. He appeared behind her and grabbed her, throwing her at her brother.

They fell to the ground, panting. Y/n laughed, and walked over, standing in front of them.

"You're giving up?" He said, "I thought you two were supposed to be incredible dragons?"

"What now?" Reshiram asked, "You're going to kill us?"

"What? No."

Y/n sat down in front of them, groaning as he spread his legs in front of him.

"Holy shit," He groaned, "My legs are so stiff. I feel like an old man."

"Okay, I have to ask," Reshiram said, "What happened to you?"

"What do you mean?" Y/n asked.

"Reshiram," Zekrom said, "Don't get started this."

"You used to be an awesome warrior," Reshiram continued, ignoring her brother, "One who was feared through out the world for his strength and ruthlessness. The kind of warrior who never lost, no matter who he was up against!"

Zekrom glared at her, "Reshiram, I'm warning you..."

"You used to attack Arceus without remorse! You lived where no other pokemon or human could ever survive! You were the greatest, strongest pokemon of all time! You hated humans, and killed thousands! So when did you become such an old man!?"

"Reshiram!" Zekrom snapped, "That's enough!"

They glared at each other, but a confused expression crossed their faces when they heard chuckling. They turned to Y/n, who was laughing his ass off at the two. They looked at him, and he stopped chuckling to speak.

"Let me tell you a tale, as we 'old men' like to do," He said, "There once was a Torterra, who had grown well into old age."

"This Torterra, even when he was a young Turtwig, was a brave warrior, who could tear his way through any battle with any pokemon. He was a viscous soldier, who fought bravely for himself, and only himself."

"But he had grown old, as all do. His tree had grown tall and thick, and his family had grown large. He had many kids, and a wonderful wife. He now fought only when necessary, in order to protect his family."

"Now, a great war had broken out in his home region, between a group of Infernapes and Empoleons. His friend, who was the leader of the Infernapes, reached out to him and asked him to help them fight. Seeing as how the fight had gotten dangerously close to his home, the Torterra took up arms against the Empoleons."

"Despite his age, many years older than his opponents, he fought with all the ferocity and vigor of a young Turtwig, along with the experience and power that came with his age. He managed to push the Empoleons back, fighting all the way their leader, outshining the entire army. In fact, there was a time when he went alone after an army of a thousand Empoleons, defeating them in a single night."

"When the Empoleons had all been defeated, the Torterra returned to his family, to a warm and happy reunion. His wife, happy that he returned safely, greeted him with a warm kiss and an open home, and they celebrated with a feast."

He leaned back where he sat, and the twins looked at him strangely.

"What was the point of that story?" Reshiram asked.

"The point of the story was..."

Reshiram felt a blade against her neck, and looked down to see Y/n's scythe at her neck. Y/n stood behind her, his eyes glowing red.

"Don't underestimate me."

He removed his scythe, and turned, walking a few steps away.

"Now, are we going to continue?"