🌹IV - ˗ˏˋ no tears ˎˊ˗

Taehyung's mother left and Taehyung made Kookie enter the house. The boy was holding onto his teddy and his eyes were wide open and looking around almost like he was in panic.

Taehyung signaled him to sit on the couch and Jungkook obeyed him, still hugging his teddy as if it was going to run away. Taehyung looked at him for a moment before sitting at his side on the couch but as far away as possible.

Jungkook was looking at the ground and Tae could see his eyes starting to tear up.

Oh no no please don't cry he begged to himself but he remained silent not knowing what exactly he should say.

Then as he feared, the boy started crying, he buried his face into the bunny's head and sobbed loudly. Taehyung was shocked.

"Jungkook?" he asked getting a little closer "Are you ok?"

God he really had no idea about how to deal with kids, he never in his life had taken care of one and wasn't experienced in them. He couldn't imagine how he must treat them.

Jungkook cried even louder when he heard him speak.

"Dadda doesn't like me" he pronounced between his sobs "why dadda hate Kookie?"

Taehyung was even more shocked now. Who was Jungkook talking about?

"Does your dad not like you?" He asked getting now really close to him as he carefully caressed his hair "I'm sure he does like you Kookie, he's just a bit busy with work mm?"

But Jungkook seemed not to be listening and kept crying as he hugged his bunny harder and stronger.

"Kookie please stop crying" Taehyung said trying to sound calm and not stopping with the caresses.

"Nobody likes Kookie" the boy kept saying "Kookie alone"

Taehyung's heart broke, he couldn't hear him talk like that and not give a damn. He thought it was the right time to consult his mother about it, he was completely lost and didn't know what to do or what so say to him to make him feel better.

"I'll be right back" he warned and walked towards the kitchen to phone call his mother but still keeping an eye on Jungkook just incase.

His mother picked the phone almost immediately like she was expecting a call from him sooner or later "what is it?"

Taehyung took a deep breath "It's Jungkook. He's crying and he doesn't stop"

"Taehyung!!" Her wild voice surprised him "What did you do to him?! What did you say?!"

"I didn't do anything!!" He defended himself "he just started crying the moment he got here, he keeps saying nobody likes him"

"Oh..."

"Oh what?" Taehyung was desperate "what am I supposed to do?! I can't hear him cry anymore!"

"Just... Mrs. Jeon told me about this" she said with a calm voice "when Kookie gets like this it's better to give him his medicine"

Taehyung frowned at this new information "medicine?"

"It's in his bag. If he takes it he will fall asleep, they're help him relax himself" she explained "but don't tell him what it is!! You have to mix it with something he likes like banana milk"

Taehyung kept looking at Jungkook who was still crying and repeating the same quote.

"I don't have banana milk" he distractedly said "does he know my name?"

There was a long pause in the phone call. The mother laughed a bit "he calls you daddy Taetae"

Taehyung mouth dropped to the floor when it came to his mind. Jungkook wasn't talking about his real dad when he said his daddy didn't like him. All this time Jungkook was sad because Taehyung didn't seem to like him. It was all about him. He was guilty.

"I'm gonna hang up now".

Taehyung quickly hung the phone up and proceeded to take some tissues from the kitchen and walked towards Jungkook. Kookie looked up at him, his face was red from crying and his eyes were swollen. Taehyung felt insanely bad for him.

He got on his knees right in front of him and he softly cleaned his face and dried his tears not stopping looking at his eyes. He gave him a warm smile.

"No more tears alright?" he told him and caressed his cheek "daddy taetae doesn't like tears"

Jungkook smiled a bit feeling better when Tae addressed himself with that name "D-dadda l-likes Kookie?"

Taehyung nodded his head up and down "Daddy loves you ok? Don't be sad" he comforted him.

He didn't see it coming. Jungkook jumped into his arms after he said that, wanting a hug back. Tae wrapped his arms around the little's thin waist.

The boy smelled so well, he smelled like something he hadn't ever smelled before, he smelled like pure innocence and happiness and he soon felt an extreme need to protect him from bad things in the world. He felt like he had only one purpose in his life and it was to give Jungkook all the love in the world.

~~~~~