Prologue

We're already like thirty minutes late, where are you? The party has already started," i was talking to my fiancee through the phone.
We were supposed to go to this work party together but he hasn't come to pick me up yet.
"Aargh, i forgot to tell you," he groaned. "I'm already at the party. I'm sorry babe, there's this business deal i was closing and they clashed so i had to come earlier. I can send someone to fetch you," he said.
My heart sank, "no.. No.. Don't worry about me. I'll get my car. It's no problem."
"I'm really sorry babe. I'll make it up to you," Adam said.
"I.. "
He cut me off, "i gotta go, an investor is here.. I'll see you later," and... He hung up.
I signed.
He's just busy with work trying to close this deal, that's all.

I fixed my dress and put on my matching navy blue heels and took my purse and car keys. I had decided to match all blue today. I was told blue always reflects the colour of my eyes.
So thats what i did. With a daring red lipstick sticking out.
I drove to the party listening to my favourite playlist of Coldplay.
"Hey Jules!" i answered my ringing phone as i parked my car.
"Em! Guess who's back in town!" she squeeled.
"Santa Claus?" i said sarcastically.
"Ho! Ho! Ho!" i heard both behind me and on my phone.
I turned around, "aah! Jules!"
And crushed her in a hug.
"What the hell are you doing here?" i asked her, grinning like a maniac.
"Well, I'm back from Milan! For good, i hope," she pulled my hand. "Come on, let's go."

Getting in the building, she left me said she was looking for some champagne.
I scanned the room looking a blonde head somewhere. My eyes were suddenly glued to a very sexy back in a well fitting, most likely very expensive navy blue suit, blonde hair, kind of. I mean the tips were blonde, but the rest was kind of honey coloured.
As if sensing my eyes, the man turned his head and our eyes locked. His ocean green eyes sparkling.
His tight lips cracked into a smile.
My lungs broke down as my breath was knocked out of my lungs.

Raphael De Lucca.

He looked back at the men he was talking to and i turned away, feeling my cheeks red. I walked to an empty table and stood by it waiting for either Adam or Jullie to come back.

"Emilliana," a very deep husky voice called from right behind me.
I turned to look at... Raphael .
"Raph," i breathed.
He checked me out openly, "you look gooood! Better than i remember."
My cheeks flamed in a heated blush, "Thank you. Still a charmer, as much as i remember."
He laughed huskily, making my stomach do flip flops.
He had really changed during the years, still hot as he was in highschool.
Nope.
Hotter, with the muscles and all almost ripping his suit. The highlights on his hair. He looked amazing.
"You changed your hair colour," he commented.
"So did you," i smiled.
My hair was jet black. But i got bored with it, so one day i just went to get a haircut and decided to highlight it. Currently it's honey blonde with black roots.
He smiled and handed me a glass of champagne, "thanks."
"So what brings you here?" he asked, pocketing his left hand, his right one holding his glass.
"Supporting my fiancee... I'm engaged," i showed him the ring on my finger.
"Lucky man!" he said in a tight smile.
Before anything else, Adam came towards me, "babe, hey."
He kissed my cheek and turned to Raph, "Raphael , how are you?"
They know each other?
Of course, they do.
Raphael is my brothers best buddy.
So I'm sure they've met sometime.

"Em.. Can you beleive.. " Jullie came walking towards us with excitement in her eyes.
She stopped dead in her tracks when her eyes landed behind me.
She quickly looked away and turned to look at me.
"Jullie this is Raphael... Of course you know him from middle school and highschool... And this is my fiancee, Adam. Guys, this is Jullie, my best friend and cousin," i made the introductions with the akward silence.
Shesaid a shy hi to both of them.
"Jullie, i heard you were in Europe?" Raphael asked her.
She nodded. "Milan, really nice place."
Adam looked at her, "it really is. I've been there a couple times. It's the best city in the world."
"Why don't you two kids catch up on Milan with champagne?" Raphael suggested.
And suprisingly, they both left to the bar.
I looked at Raphael and glared, "Seriously?"
"What did i do?" he asked, as if feigning innocence.
I shaked my head and walked away from him.

.................
(6 months later..... )

"I'm sorry Emily. But i can't be with you anymore. I can't do this anymore," Adam said.
"W...w. why... What did i do? Did i do something wrong?" i asked him.
My heart breaking little by little.
"It's just not working anymore. We are on and off. I can't work with that. I'm not happy anymore."
"And that is my fault? It's Julls, isn't it? It's all because of you. Because you want to leave me for some other girl. You want to leave me for my best friend. Adam why?" my voice cracked at the end.
"I've done nothing but love you and be with you and cherish every single moment with you and you want to dump me to be with my best friend who you've known for what, four months?"
"Six?"
"What?"
"Six months," he said.
I nodded my head absently, not looking at him. I grabbed my coat amd handbag, "goodbye Adam."
"Em wait," he stood up.
I didn't turn around, "what?"
"The ring," he said in a low voice.
My heart was just ripped out of my chest and stampled on the ground, "of course."
I twisted the ring out of my hand and handed it to him in fluid motion before running out.
I got in my car and cried my eyes out.