||Twenty eight||

Hey besties.. So sorry for this late update... I've been super busy with preparing for school. I'm enrolling in Instituto Di Cultura🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉, aka Italian Culture Institute for a diploma in Italain studies, so I haven't really had time to write.

But.... If you know Italian, hit me up and teach me a phrase or two.

                 I lay awake, my eyes trained on the wall and the window right on it, drawing sun rays into the room

                 I lay awake, my eyes trained on the wall and the window right on it, drawing sun rays into the room. “Leo! Don’t!” I heard Enna scold, following the small footsteps running towards my room. “But mooooom,” the kid whined.
“Let her sleep and you’ll play later. It’s too early,” she said. He gave a sign showing he had given up and left with his mom. But that was unlike him. Leo liked to argue until he got what he wanted. Let’s wait and see what he has up his sleeves. I smile, remembering the day the three-year-old asked me to be his girlfriend. He is the cutest kid I’ve ever met. I looked at the round wall clock, it was a little past seven. That boy is up way too early.
            I remember I used to sleep in till later, still, do. Point is, I would only wake up early if we had a trip planned on that day. Or if we were going to spend the day at the De Lucas and I would spend the night as a sleepover with Aurora. But some times I didn’t like it because Raffy would pull my braids any chance he gets.
One time I went to my mother crying, I think we were having thanksgiving together. Mom said, “Don’t cry, remember what I told you about boys?” I nodded and smiled, “boys are stupid!” we giggled with Aurora, making up some song on how stupid boys are. Raffael rolled his eyes and I stuck my tongue out at him. He got mad and folded his hands across his chest, “girls are more stupid. They always love to cry like babies.” Before I argued with him, his father told him to go play ball with Ace and the rest of the boys.

I smiled at that memory. A moment later, I heard my door squeak open and little footsteps barged in and softly closed the door. With a small giggle, the little legs of Leo led him to the side of my bed, I instantly closed my eyes and put on a straight face. I heard his struggle a bit to get on the bed and crawl to me. his little hand on my face had me tempted to open my eyes but I budged. He got into the covers next to me and we slept awhile before he started poking the tip of my nose and I scrunched it upwards, and shaked my head. He giggled, and did it again, I did the same as the previous time. He giggled. “Is that my boyfriend I hear?”  I asked no one in particular. He giggled inside the blankets. “Is that you Leo?” I asked again. He giggled and tried to impersonate a deep voice, “I’m a big eagle that ate Leo. He is in my tummy.”
I gasped and undid my covers, and there he was in nothing but his diapers, smiling widely at me.

” I gasped and undid my covers, and there he was in nothing but his diapers, smiling widely at me

“No way. I want Leo back. You will pay, you big bird,” I jumped on the bed to tackle him. But he quickly got off and ran out of the room, screaming and laughing, “never!”
“Let me not catch you, you big eagle,” I threatened and ran after him. He screamed running around the corner, “daddy, help me!” I rounded the corner with a menacing look, “where is he?”  Cole all but shrugged pointing the living room, “I think he went that way.” But we could all see Leo hiding behind his father, what’s worse, he couldn’t stop the small giggles that escaped from his mouth. I pretended to leave but I caught him off guard when  I lifted him up, “gotcha!” He screamed. I put him on my left hand and tickled him with my right. “Mr. eagle, I need my friend back or else,” I threatened. He asked, “or else what?” I raised my left brow, “I call in mr. tickles.” Putting my hands up and wiggling my fingers for effect. “Never!” he screamed. “I’m sorry mr. Eagle but I need to do this, for my boyfriend.” I tickled him, blowing on his tummy. He laughed hard, asking me to stop because he would pee, but I didn’t listen telling him togive my boyfriend back or else I won’t stop. “Stooooop Liaaaaa ahahahahah” he screamed breathlessly. “It’s meeeee stoooooop!” he begged a few times and I finally stopped, looking him up and down with worry, “is it?” I hugged him and told him I thought that the eagle had him. His small body had turned red.
He giggled, “it was me, silly.”
I fake gasped, “you tricked me!” he looked smug, “Told ya I'm smart.”
I ruffled his hair and decided to go have breakfast, the play had us worn out.  Looking at the door, the husband and wife were at the door, looking at us with smiles on their faces.
“Bet you’re hungry,” Enna said.
“You’ve read our minds.”
“Leo go put on some clothes and then we can eat breakfast,” Enna ordered. He frowned, “why? They’ll get dirty and I wanna wear clothes when Lia takes me to the park to play.” Cole looked at him, “have you asked her to take you to the park?” he shrugged, “aren’t girlfriends supposed to go to play with their boyfriends?” No one wanted to give him an answer. Enna nudged her husband. Cole glared at her then turned to his son, “well yes b-” “Then she is taking me to the park!” the almost four-year-old said, something like a smirk on his face.
Cole looked back at his wife then looked at me. to his wife, he said, “I don’t want your brother near my son.” Then he pinned me with a look, I couldn’t look away, “and you, I don’t want your fiancée near my son.” We giggled and he rolled his eyes, “him spending so much time with his uncle will have him here next month asking what a condom is.”
It seems Leo was listening keenly because his next words had me raising a brow at his father, “what is a condom, daddy?”
Enna pats her husband on the back, “well, he didn’t learn that from your brother in law.”
Cole looked uncomfortable trying to find the right words to use to lie to his son, he looked to me for help, I shrugged and poured myself a glass of juice, ignoring his pleading eyes.
“Well, ummmh they are balloons.”
“Cool, can I have some? I don’t have any balloons.”
Oh, my fucking …
I almost burst into laughter but I had to see this through.
“No, you can’t.”
“But whyyy?”
“Because they are balloons for big people who ummh don’t want to complicate things.”
“complicate things how?”
“Honey, eat your breakfast so we can still go to the park,” I cut in.
“but…”
I gave him a look and he grumbled, munching his cereal.