Epilogue

One Year Later

I signed, walking down the stairs, looking past the crowd around me then my smile popped on my lips when my eyes made contact with his, the butterflies inside me waking up and flying around in my stomach. Raffael was standing tall, his hair tousled, his eyes twinkling, his big, veiny hands in the pockets of his pants. I hurried and increased the pace of my steps. "Girl, calm down!" Aurora said from behind me, her voice filled with amusement. "Shut up!" I had actually forgotten the girls were with me, Aurora pulling my luggage with hers across the port to the men waiting for us at the exit. 

Raffael wrapped his arms around me as soon as I reached him and spun me around, I squealed, holding onto him tight. "I missed you so much, Bunny!" he smashed his lips on mine. Digging my hands into his hair, I kissed him back with as much fervor, showing him just how much I missed him for the four days the girls and I went on a short cruise trip to the Bahamas for my bachelorette celebration, it had been a gift from Raffael's mom. Raffael grumbled the whole way to the port, asking if e could not only drive me but come with me to the cruise. He was extra dramatic, when he was not playing or having practice, we spent every waking moment together, even drove with him to the away games and spent the night with him, every night, apart from the few summer weeks when they had the intense training, getting ready for the season.

"I missed you more, baby!" I sighed, pulling back. We ignored the comments from my friends and their significant others, him grabbing my hand and walking me to the car and opened the door for me, helping me in all after I said hi to the guys. He went to open the back seat door for his sister but Sal beat him to it, "I got it." He grunted and rounded the car and got in the driver's seat. "What did you guys do?" Aurora asked. It had been a rule during the cruise that neither of us was going to contact anyone. Raffael shrugged and I raised a brow, "well?" He rubbed the back of his neck, "well, the guys had organized a party last night at the hotel." "What kind of party?" "What do you mean what kind of party, Em? A bachelor's party like you had your bachelorette party," he said. "Don't worry sweetheart, he behaved himself," Sal put his hand on my shoulder. Raffael looked at the hand then glanced forward, and started the car, driving to Palm Springs where we would be wedded the next afternoon. His hand found mine and took rest on my thigh as he drove through the traffic.

The evening went by fast with stories of the adventure on our cruise during dinner then Raffael walked me to my suite later. "Won't you ask me in?" he grinned, leaning so much closer to me, trapped on the other side by the door. "Nope. I'm sure my father and yours will have a search party for you if I do let you in," I laughed. When we left the dining quarters, they told him to go back after walking me to my room. He groaned and pressed his forehead on mine, "I can't wait to call you my wife. I've been waiting so long, I think I won't get any sleep tonight because I'm so excited." "I love you too, Raffael," I brushed my lips across his then got in my room, winking at him and closed the door on his face. 

The next morning went by fast, next thing I knew, the girls and I were getting our make up done. I was just so emotional, I locked myself in the bathroom for a minute to get myself together, looking at myself in the mirror I couldn't believe this was me, I had come so far, thanks to Raffael and my other support system, my family and friends who became family. I took a deep breath and opened the door, Aurora was there waiting, "you good?" I nodded and hugged her. she tightened her arms around me, "I'm so happy for you, Em. You deserve it all. It all." I nodded, smiling wobbly, "I do, do I?" "Yes you do, sweetheart," my mother wrapped her arms around me, "you look so beautiful, baby. I love you and I'm proud of the woman you've become and everything else you've accomplished." I fanned my face, "you're going to make me cry." My dress was a popping white, a deep v at the front, having my cleavage on display and straps till the base of my back, tight around my thighs, and a slit on my right leg that shows a little bit of leg or a lot, i don't know. 

"No one's making my baby cry on her wedding day," my father walked in the room looking sharp in dark pants and a white button-up and coat. He wrapped his arms around me, "you look beautiful, princess. You will always be my little girl, no matter what." I grinned up at him, "I know." Then we were filing out of the room to the beach.  Nathaniel was by my side with my father, both of them ready to walk me down the aisle. "You look really pretty, Lia!" he said, smiling, blush dusting his cheeks. "You look really handsome," I told him and kissed his cheek. He really did look pretty good, all dressed up in a tiny suit, his hair neatly jelled to his head. My dad said it was our turn to walk the aisle, my turn to walk to Raffael as his bride. and with a shaking breath, we did, the hand that held my flower linked with dad's so my other hand could hold Nathaniel's small hand. The guests rose to their feet as the song started playing. Nothing could tear my gaze away from that man standing on the other side of the aisle I was walking, dressed in a blue three-piece suit, Rafael looked amazing. He raised his hand and wiped a stray tear, his smile bright as he looked at me. 

Everything fell away when I reached the end of the aisle and my father gave him my hand, I don't know what he said because I was not listening, just looking. With joint hands, we turned to the priest.  He welcomed everyone and asked Raffael and me if we had our vows written or if he'll do the normal ones. And we did have our own vows, so he told us to go ahead with it. Raffael cleared his throat, then took my hands, handing his sister my bouquet, "Emiliana Miller, you are the most beautiful, sassy, funny, and sometimes most annoying person I've ever met." I grinned and the guests laughed. "But I love you anyway. Hell, I fall deeper in love with you every day. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I promise to love you forever, to cherish every moment we have together, to be by your side when things get rough, in sickness and in health," he squeezed my hands and cleared his throat. "I, Raffael DeLucca, take you, Emiliana Miller, as my wife, before God, our family, and friends. I promise to be the husband you ever wished for and always wanted. I love you." Then he dropped my hands, found the ring in his pocket, took my shaking hand, and put the ring on, then kissed my knuckles. 

I cleared my throat and had my hands in his. "Raffael, I love you with every fiber of my being, even when you wake me up at five to go running with you or when you steal my Cheetos or my caramel icecream yet you swear you hate it. I still love you then, maybe it's because you'll multiply the packets you stole, i don't know." He grinned and the audience laughed. "You are a good man. The best man I've known, apart from my father of course." He rolled his eyes playfully, smiling, "of course!" "don't interrupt me, you had your turn to speak," I grinned. "I promise, before God, that i will walk with you every step forever, when things get rough, Lord knows its been rough for us sometime, i will still be there. I will still be your biggest fan, right up there with aunt Gianna. When you get too old to play, i'll still be there. Raffael you are amazing and you are going to make the best father in the whole world." I placed his hand on my abdomen when i said those last words. He felt the little movement inside me.

"Is this... Emilianna tell me you ate some live snails or something and that's what moving inside you," he said, his eyes wide, tears shining in his eyes. I shook my head with a smile, "you're going to be a daddy, Raffy." A tear from his eye, "but... but how? the doctor-" "I know baby, i know. This is our little miracle. Our second chance!" i put my hands over his and squeezed. Suddenly i was up in the air, his hands on my waist and he spun me around, shouting "YES!" he put me down and smashed his lips on mine, our tears still streaming on our faces. "You may now kiss the bride," the lawyer said sarcastically.