||Forty six||

Ciao besties💖💖💖
How are you?
Thank you for everyone who's supported me and read my book, Lost Into The Vine. Still updating it.
Don't forget to vote and comment.

"What are you thinking?"
"Mmmh?" I snapped out of my trance and cleared my throat, shaking my head, "it's nothing Aurora. Just trying to get my things together, my flight leaves at seven."
"I'll miss you!" Aurora pouted through the screen. She was on her shift at the hospital and wouldn't get out till eight in the morning.
I walked to the bathroom to grab my make up kit, Aurora saying how I should just stay and figure things out while in New York.
"I wish I cou- aah!" My foot slipped and I was down on the floor. "Aaah!" I screamed, a sharp pain bolting through my abdomen and my foot.
"Lia! Are you okay? Can you stand up?" I could vaguely see her on the screen on the bed.
"I don't feel too good, Aurora" I cried, my hand on my abdomen.
She cursed and said a few things to the nurse next to her.
I look down and there's blood on my thigh, I don't like blood. Darkness engulfs me.
....
I hear movement around me and people talking.
"We have to get her to the hospital quick!" I vaguely hear Aurora's voice next to me. And I'm moving, but I'm laying down.
I groan, opening my eyes.
"Thank God you're awake Lia. You need to relax okay or you'll-"
"Who told the fucking paparazzi to get here?" Aurora growls. That's when I notice the ceiling of the lobby.
There's a lot of voices ringing in my ears.
"What happened to her?"
"Is it true that she tried to kill herself?"
What?
"Is she going to be okay?"
"What are the chances that she will not make it?"
"Did she really try to kill herself because of Raffael Delucca?"
"Raffael Delucca was seen leaving the hotel not long ago by guests, maybe he did this to her?"

Aurora growled at them and told them to move aside. The other nurse by her side had the path cleared for us, so Aurora helped push me to the waiting ambulance.
I hissed in pain, blinking back the tears, my abdomen hurt like a bitch.
"What are you feeling?" Aurora asked.
I pinched my eyes closed in pain, tears rolling down, "it's so painful Rora."
"Nothing is going to happen to the baby and you too. I'll make sure of that!"
"What?" My eyes flew open.
"There's no other explanation of why you are bleeding."
"Maybe my tampon just got full. There's no way I'm pregnant, right? Im pregnant!"
She gave me a look that said, 'I wish I could tell you something else.'
I closed my eyes and let the darkness engulf me a second time.

Beep.
Beep.
Beep.
I fluttered my eyes open and looked around, of course I was in a hospital. My mind drifted to the last thing I remember. My hand straight to my abdomen, I'm pregnant! I can't wait to tell Raffy.

A soft knock on the door and Aurora got in with the doctor. She kissed my cheek but couldn't look me in the eye, her eyes were a bit swollen and reddish.
"Im doctor Kinsley. How are you feeling Emiliana?" The doctor asked, checking her keyboard.
"My abdomen hurts a bit and my foot too." I pointed the foot that was dangling on the strings.
She smiled sadly, taking a seat beside me, her hand on mine, "you twisted your foot pretty bad when you fell."
"How far long am I?" I asked her.
"Mmh?"
"Aurora said I was bleeding because I was pregnant. How far long am I?" I asked, Aurora was looking out, her arms crossed across her chest.
"You were seven weeks, " she said.
"Were?"
"I'm so sorry dear, we did everything we could, we couldn't save her."
"W-what?"
"You had a miscarriage. I'm sorry."
"I-I-i don-"
"When you fell it seems-"
Everything else that she was saying was mute, I watched as her mouth moved, then looked at Aurora, she had her hand on her lips, her shoulders shaking.
She was crying.
For me.
"Aurora, " I whispered her name. She turned and looked at me. Her face, tear stricken, slowly walked towards me, "I'm so sorry babe."
I open my hands wide and she walked to me, sits on the edge of the bed and hugs me. "She would have been amazing, just like you."
"She?"
"That's the least I could do for you and my niece. I had to know the gender. I wish she was a fighter like you."
"Im not."
She cried, hugging me tight, "maybe if I let you pack peacefully, you wouldn't have slipped."
I pulled back and looked her in the eye, my hands on her face, "it's not your fault. The floor was slippery."
She sniffed and nodded, "Sal is coming by later with mama and papa."
"How long have I been out?" I asked confused.
"Three days."
"Does Raffy know... You know.. About the baby?" I asked her.
Her frown deepened and she shook her head no, "he is on the away game but coming back tonight. I wanted to tell him after his game."
I smiled slightly, "it'll be fine."
Will it though?
You just lost your daughter and you are smiling.
Are you really that cold?
Maybe she didn't deserve you that's why she died?
Maybe you wouldn't have been a good enough mom
Maybe-
"Em!" My eyes snapped to Aurora who was looking at me, worry laced in her eyes, "it's okay to cry and grief. I'd like you to have a sit in session with one of the therapists in the hospital."
I forced a smile, "I'm a bit tired."
Reluctantly, she stood and signed and kissed my forehead, "get some rest."
I closed my eyes the moment she left, and the voices in my head we're getting louder.