Prologue

Lylith's pov.

"Father?" I looked at him completely dumbfounded, part of me wish that he would deny the whole thing but something told me that he would not. "Father speak." I quietly demanded.

"Lilly, my sweetheart." He reached out his hands to comfort me.

"No!" I protested as I pushed him away from me. "Is what Mr Black said true!?" I asked practically screaming. I watched as my fathers face dropped, he could not even look at me.

"Yes, lylith. It is true." I know I should not be as baffled to hear those words as I am now but still, my heart dropped into my feet. I looked at Mr Black, he had a twisted smile on his face but that quickly dropped when he saw I was looking  at him.

"Lylith let me..." My father tried to speak but I put my hand up to stop him. Tears glossed my eyes, I could not believe this was happening. I did not want it all to be true but all of me knew that it was.

"I hate your guts." I spoke with a harsher voice then intended. I looked up at Mr Black. Rage filled me, he did this on purpose. The bastard knew it would ruin us. "You are a disgusting being, I hope that one day I will get the pleaser of spitting on your corpse."

And with that I left my father's study, I need to get away. Anywhere but here, there are too many lies, too many broken memories here. Oh mother. I dropped to my knees and held my face in my hands as the tears started to pour. I hate this, I hate it here!...

_~_~ time skip ~_~_

Two days later...

Lylith's pov.

I ring the doorbell once again, it's quite early. That's probably why she has not opened up yet but I wish she would, it's pissing with rain. I hear the clicking of the door being unlocked and there before me stands my rock. I could not hold back the tears anymore, seeing her made them all come back.

"Lilly? What are..." I did not give her time to finish, I ran into her arms.

"Riley." I cried into her shoulder. Without hesitation she embraced my wet self.

"It's ohk honey." She stroked my head and continued to hug me. We stayed like that for a few moments before I pulled away.

"Don't kill me." I laughed as I wiped my eyes. "I know I interrupted you Saturday late morning routine."

"We will talk all about that later, right now we need to get you out of these wet rags." Riley said looking at my outfit.

"Rags!?"

"L girl I love you and all but you seriously need a new wardrobe."

We laughed before she closed the door and took me to the bathroom for a shower. After I was all warm and dressed we sat down in the kitchen with coffee and I started to explain.

"My father spoke with a man two days ago, Mr Black." I started.

"Head of the the Black family?"

"Yes, well he had stopped by and things got out of hand. As next head of the Winter household, I had to be in the 'meeting'. Mr Black said that is was my father's doing that lead to the death of my mother." I sighed and looked up with my eyes closed. I heard Riley take a deep breath, as of she was processing what I had just said.

"It wasn't true though, right?" She asked, I looked back at her and shook my head.

"Turns out it was all true, what Mr Black had told me was all true. My father was the cause of my mother's death but Mr Black was not innocent in the matter. He had deliberately come there to break our family, potentially dethrone my father. In hopes of gaining the control that my father has over the various trading units." I took a sip of my coffee. " Needless to say, he failed. All he had accomplished was the breaking up of our family but my father was not going to relinquish his power over to that miscreant."

"What did you do?" Riley asked full of curiosity.

"I told Mr Black that I wanted to spit on his lifeless body and walked our of the office."

"What did you do to your father?"

"I no longer have a father." the room went silent, even the rain  softened.

"Wow. That's messed up." She let out a heavy sigh. "But don't stress L, you know I got you. You can stay with me for however long you wish. But I'm starting varsity in a few weeks."

"That's why I came here." I smiled at Riley. "I wish to go with you. You don't have to worry about how will we afford all of this, I have already paid for both our studies. Till we finish, actually." I saw her face light up and the biggest smile crawl across her face.

"Oh my God, this is amazing." She said as she grabbed me into a bear hug.

"I can't breathe." I said in whispered tones.

"Oh. Sorry, I'm just so excited but wait."

"What is it?"

"Are you safe here? I mean like, I know your dad was a nice guy but he didn't make many friends. People could find you and hurt you."

"I got that covered, you are now talking to Veronica Ives. I left all trace of Lylith Winter behind me, now all I need is a new look."

"Leave that to me."