Chapter Fifteen.

Veronica's pov.

This cannot be happening right now. I cannot be here right now, this is all but a dream. I will wake soon and this will all be a bad dream. 'Dammit! I hate this wretched lighting.' Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath in and leaned against the door of the elevator. It has not been long since the break down, it must have been no more then five minutes. 'Five minutes too much.' I tried to calm myself by breathing slower but it didn't help. I could hear the blood rushing in my ears, my chest tightened and my legs starting to give in.

Everything seemed so disoriented, I hated this feeling. I hate not being in control of my own body, I hate being so weak. I was starting to panic, my body stood rigid and my heart beat kept getting louder.

"Miss Ives." I faintly heard someone call but I couldn't be sure, everything felt so surreal. My breath in became uneasy and quick. Beads of perspiration ran down my temple. 'Dammit Veronica! Get yourself together.' I took a deep breath in and stood up straight. I opened my hands, which I had not noticed were fisted. Looking down at the cresent cuts on my palms, I took another breath. The dim red lighting of the box was really starting to get on my nerves.

"Miss Ives." The voice called again. I turned to see Xavier standing behind me with a worried expression.

"I'm fine." I spoke, unsure of how I sounded, must have not been convincing because Xavier stepped forward. "Mr Black. I assure you that I am fine." I was lying, i could still feel the panic that my body was experiencing. I looked to my feet, I was completely out of it. 'This is so pathetic!' I felt Xavier place his hands on my shoulders, looking up at him I felt everything shift. I couldn't understand what had happened. I was laying in Xavier's arms, I could no longer feel my legs. I looked at Xavier, his mouth was moving but I could not bear a word of what he was saying. After that everything was going black utill went completely black.

Third persons's pov.

"Veronica." He called out to her but she did not answer, her expression blank. "Veronica." still she just looked up at Xavier. Mere seconds after that, she had collapsed. Her eyes shut and her body went still.

He wasn't sure of what to do as she collapsed in his arms. He could still hear her breathing softly, it was unusual so see her like this. So soft and vulnerable, Veronica always seemed to regal and tough. This was not the image of her that he was use to.

Just then her breathing became uneasy and struggled. Xavier stiffened when he felt her clasp his shirt between her fists and pull herself into his chest. Veronica seemed as if she was in pain, her eyes were shut tight as she shock her head. Xavier couldn't understand what was happening right now, his mind wouldn't wrap around the situation. Veronica screamed, he was taken aback by this. It was as if she was in excruciating pain.

"Mother make him stop!" Veronica cried as she pulled herself even closer towards Xavier. "It hurts!" She cried out. Her voice came out struggled and she sounded like a child crying blue murder. "Make it stop!" Veronica wrapped her arms around my torso and turned her face into his chest. He could feel her tears run down my chest.

The doors of the elevator made a cracking noise and then the doors were pushed apart and Xavier stood up with Veronica in my arms and pushed passed the men that had opened the door.

"Veronica!" He heard someone calling from behind me. Before he could react, a miniature brunette appeared before Xavier. Johnathan was following behind her. "Dammit, Veronica. When are you going to listen to me?" She cried as she watcher her friend with glossy eyes.

"When I get enough sleep." To all our surprise, Veronica had replied. Her horse voice drew all of them to look at her. She had not lifted her head off Xavier's chest, nor had she opened her eyes. Her arms moved around his neck as she made herself comfortable.

"What the hell, Vic?" Riley had complained. "You really need to get your shit together!"

"Riley, I understand that you're upset and you have good reason. But can this not wait till I wake?" She asked sounding rather annoyed.

"You cannot be serious right now!" Riley shouted frantically. Veronica hopped out of Xavier's arms and turned to face her best friend. She grabbed Riley by her wrist and pulled her out of the building and into the car. Both Xavier and Johnathan had followed them out. Johnathan had started the car and drove off.

"Why do you keep doing this!?" Whined Riley. Veronica said nothing. "You cannot keep doing this! You don't seem to understand how serious this is. What happens next time it happens you are alone!? Or in a position where it could effect your life!? You cannot be hard headed all the time! You are not a god! You're human, you bleed, breath, eat, sleep! For Fuck sakes Veronica!" the car was silent for a moment.

"I'm sorry Riley." Veronica said lowly.

"Sorry? You're sorry!?" Riley turned to look at Veronica. "What would've happened is Xavier wasn't there!? You could've had another fucking fit! You could've died!" Tears now running down her face. "What would I have done!? Where would I go after that!? For fuck sakes, what would I have told your brother!?"

Veronica sat there completely shook, she did not know what to say. She had never thought of it that way. Veronica never planned dying, the thought of it never even crossed her mind. Now here sat a crying Riley, reminding her that it was still a possibility. That she had people that still cared for her. Veronica had not noticed that she was crying until she felt the tears run down her neck. Veronica took Riley and embraced her. Both Johnathan and Xavier watched the two through thr rear view mirror.

Xavier nudged Johnathan. Who is her brother? He mouthed. Johnathan lifted his shoulders, indicating that he did not know. Veronica's phone rung, breaking the silence that filled the car.

"Yes... You what?... Tell me this is a joke... He is where!?... You joking right?... What is wrong with you!?... Get it done!" Veronica barked before hanging up. Riley looked at her confused, she leaned towards her and whispered something in her ear. Rileys eyes widened and she cover her mouth.

"We can't go home." Riley said holding Johnathans seat. Without questioning her he nodded.