Chapter Twenty Two.

Veronica's pov.

Sitting in my office Monday morning, I was looking over the contact that was giving to me by one of the other businesses that wish to merge with us. The contact was utter bs, as it only spoke about the benifits of us joking them. Nothing about what we would work on and how it will work. Power hungry idiots are the worst type of idiot one could ever encounter.

There was a light knock on my door and my assistant Juliet walked in. "Miss Ives, Mister Black would like to have a word with you." She said timidly.

"Have him wait for me in the conference room." She nodded and left me alone. Once I had put my desk in order I headed to the conference room. I stopped just before the door, noticing another man talking with Xavier. My heart stopped realizing who it was. I have not seen this man in over five years, he has gotten alot greyer since I last saw him. His green eyes seemed to me softer, his physical appearance had not changed much. I could not believe he was actually here, why was he here? What is Xavier playing at? What the hell was I going to say to this man?

For a moment I contemplated on turning back and just leaving but that wouldn't change anything, working up the corouge. I opened the door and stepped in. His eyes widened and the sight of me, I could see the emotions on his face. Confused, happy yet fearful. Tears filled his eyes and his hands shook at his side. Looking away, my eyes caught the sight of a smirking Xavier.

"Lylith?" My father spoke, his voice was fill with hurt and longing.

"Father." I replied giving him a small bow, before walking over to my seat. "Mr Black, what is it you wish to speak about?" I asked avoiding the elephant in the room.

"Oh come now Miss Ives, or is it miss Winters?" Xavier asked trying to be cooi.

"Oh hilarious, Xavier. But if that will be all, I need to get back to work." I said getting up from my seat.

"Lylith, have you nothing to say to me?" My father asked standing with me. I could feel my blood starting to boil, this man has the nerve to expect an explanation from me!?

"No, I do not." I said truing my back to walk out.

"I have not seen you for over five years, Lylith. Have you not even thought about me?"

"I have." I said turning to face him. "All I have been thinking about, is you and Luca. How have you been doing? What happened after I left? Who was taking care of you two?" I took a breath. "I saw Luca, he has grown so much. He looks just like you, even how he speaks is like you. It must have been difficult for you to raise him by yourself, especially because you didn't do a good job with me." I stepped closer to my father. "So yes, I have thought about you. But does that matter? No, it doesn't. My mother is gone because of your idiocy and I have to fix the mess you've left in your wake. So do not come into my office, during my busiest time and expect me to give you an explanations. "

My father stood awestruck for a moment before speaking. "This is yours?" he asked.

"Yes this is mine."

"You own Williams business?"

"Both of them yes." I heard Xavier say something under his breath as I spoke. "Is there something you would like to say, Xavier." He remained silent. "Wait here a moment, despite this unexpected visit. I have been planing to meet with you." I said working out and going ti my office. In the second drawer I got out paper and took my pen, heading back. I placed the contract I from of my father and handed him the pen.

"This is a contract, stating that you hand over all your rights over to me. Everything that you own, will be mine. Including the 'business' you have in and out the city." I explained.

"What?!" Xavier exclaimed. I glared at him.

"I do not appreciate the interruption, Mr Black. You and I will speak privately when I am done here." I said monotonous.

"All that I own is already yours, Lylith." My father spoke.

"Hendry? This is not what we agreed upon." Xavier spoke.

"I hand said you and I will speak privately, Xavier." I repeated sternly. "I already know that, but father this is a legal contract stating that you do not have to be dead for me to own what you have." Without another word he signed the contract and handed it back to me.

"Doss this mean that I will be seeing you more often from now on?" My father asked hopefully.

"Assuming you already know everything, I will make sure to have dinner with you often father." I said smiling. Despite everything, I had missed my father and I was somewhat happy that I was no able to see him now. My father walked over to me and gave me a hug.

" I understand why you are doing this but please be careful." He whispered into my ear. "I love you princess."

"I love you too, father." He kissed me on the cheek and left. There was a long silence between Xavier and I, I could see that the wheels of his brain were truing. It was clear that he had not expect my father to react the was he did and to be completely honest, Niether was I. I thought my father was going to demand that I go home with him, which is probably what Xavier thought too.

"What were you trying to achieve?" I asked.

"I don't understand this." Xavier spoke, his head still hung low. He sounded frustrated. "You take all that I have work towards, my business, my family. You have Alec being your lap dog, you have my father shaking in his boots and now your own father is wishing the best of you. Do you know how long it took to get a conversation with the man?"

"You should know all functions of the prices on the chess board, before you make your next move." I said looking out the window.

"You took everything away from me." Xavier stood and strode over to me. "What I don't understand, is why, despite my very efforts, I want to pin you to this very table and fuck the shit out of that tight pussy of yours." His words came out horse and jaggered. His voice struggle to keep the composure. And against my will, my body reacted to his crude and vulgar behavior. I could feel my face turning a crimson and my down area moisten.

"This is not a discussion appropriate for the office, Xavier." I spoke trying to sound confident and in control. "Besides, this." I motioned between the two of us. "Cannot happen, period."

With our faces so close to each other, I was surprised that I could keep my mind focused. His grey eyes had a hint of blue that I never really noticed before. His beard was neatly kept and I didn't really noticed how intimidating his hight was before. He towered over me, I was feeling quite small in his presence.

"We still need to continue our discussion miss Winters."

...