Chapter Three

Third persons pov

"What the fuck is that suppose to mean?" Asked an upset Luka. Veronica sighed and looked at her brother with a bored expression. "What are you getting at?"

"Luka, please keep up. Your shock is a bore." Veronica rolled her eyes. "You were away at school when this happened, father had a meeting and I was to attend it. It did not go as father planned and I learnt that he was the reason for mother's death."

"How can that be?" Luka asked, Riley saw how annoyed Veronica was becoming and answered for her.

"Some deal your father had made, when he did not hold up his end your mother paid the price with her life." Riley explained, Luka's face fell.

"So you ran away?" He asked looking at his sister.

"Yes, I needed to get away." Veronica put her hand on her brothers shoulder. "I suggest you do too, I don't want you to be there when is all comes crashing down."

"How do you know it will come crashing down?" Luka asked. Veronica looked at him with a worried look in her eyes.

"It's a bad business to be in." Veronica spoke. "Eventually it will, trust me."

"Vic. " Riley looked at Veronica with the same expression she had. "Is everything ohk?"

"Vic?" Luka questioned. "Who's Vic?"

"I am, Luka. Vic is short for Veronica, that is who I am now. Veronica Ives." She explained.

"You took mother's maiden name? You cannot be serious, Lilly. Are you really choosing to leave your inheritance?"

"Bother I love you dearly, I just want nothing bad to happen to you. You are Eighteen in a few months and that is when living in the place will take its final tole on you." Veronica held her brothers hands and looked him in the eye. "Please Luka, I can't loose you. You are the only family I have left." She pleaded.

The back door swung open almost knocking Luka in the face, the bouncer carried out two men. One of which was unconscious and the other looked furious as he wiped the blood off his lip.

"Luka." The bouncer spoke. "Hendry said he needed you back at the bar."

"I'll be right in." Luka looked at his sister and sighed. "I have to go, I will find a way to contact you." He promised before disappearing into the crowds.

"What are you planning?" Riley asked.

"That guy got fucked up." Veronica stated, completely ignoring her best friend and instead stared at the two men on the floor beside them. The one that was still conscious noticed her looking at him and stood up.

"Dafuq you looking at?" He asked, dusting himself off. Veronica was taken aback by his total disrespected. Without a word Veronica started walking back into the club, she shoulder bumped the man and he fell back down. Groaning and mumbling something he sat there and watch Veronica and Riley.

"Vic!" Riley shouted over the music. Veronica turned to face her, Riley stopped when she saw Veronica's eyes were glossed with tears. Veronica did not utter a word, she took a deep breath and blinked the tears away.

"Let's get wasted!" Veronica shouted, earning a few shouts in agreement from the crowd. Riley followed Veronica as she shuffled through the crowd towards the bar.

Veronica sat at the bar and drank for an hour, Riley tried to stop her but she refused to even talk. " Other one!" Veronica shouted as she pushed an empty glass forward.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I am told that I cannot serve you anymore." The bartender said taking away the glass. She sighed and got up from the bar to go look for Riley.