Chapter Seventeen.

Third persons pov.

"Are you kidding me?" Veronica asked Riley as they entered the building.

"No I am not, you promised that we would go talk to someone about your situation and that is what we are doing today." Riley said fermly. "And Dr Vivian is one of the best."

Riley dragged Veronica into the building, the lady at the front desk lead them to the doctors office. The two went in quietly, Veronica was feeling rather uncomfortable. She had always thought about talking to a professional but never went through with it. Being here now made her feel slightly scared. Her eyes unintentionally searched the room, she didn't know what to look at or what she was looking for. Riley held her hand as reassurance, just then the doctor walked in.

"Good morning Riley, lovey to see you again. You are looking well." The women spoke in her valvity voice, she looked to be in her late thirties. Short blond hair, big brown eyes and high cheekbones which accented her noise and lips.

"Nice to see you too doc. How have you been?" Riley smile gently at the doctor.

"Very well, thank you." Doctor looked at Veronica and got an uneasy feeling. Looking down at her file she read Veronica's information. "Miss Ives." She loked up.

"Doctor." Veronica nodded and continued to look around her office. Something about this doctor seemed too familiar. After a moment of silence Veronica spoke. "Did you know Lillian Winters?" She asked walking over to one of the wall shelves, she picked up a picture and turned to the doctor. "You two look really close." Veronica putting the picture back onto the shelf.

Riley gave Veronica a warning look. Veronica sighed at sat down. "Well let's get this session started." Vivian walked over to the sitting area with her notepad and sat in the seat across from Veronica.

"Miss Ives, so I hear you're having episodes and they seem to be happening more frequently now. Riley tells me that it has happened three times in the past month."

"Yes." Veronica deadpans.

"And you have no medical history that shows any damage to your brain?"

"No."

"What about hereditary mental illnesses?"

"No, father and mother were very healthy. Grandparents I know nothing of but from what I hear are or were healthy." Vivian wrote something down  on the note pad. Riley watched Veronica closely as she could sense that she was getting agitated. Veronica looked around the office.

Riley phone rang, pulling it out her jacket pocket she looked at the number. "I need to take this." Riley left the office, leaving the two alone.

"How do you know her?" Veronica asked breaking the silence. Vivan gave her a confused look. "Lillia Winters, I mean."

"Oh... She was my best friend." A hint of sadness lingered in her voice. "But this isn't about me, miss Ives. We are here to help you." Veronica sighed.

"I don't need help." Veronica deadpaned. "I only came to make Riley happy. I wouldn't have come if I had a choice."

"Alot of my patients feel that way when first coming. It is understandable that you feel that way too."

"I have more important things that need my attention, I don't mean to be rude Doctor but I really couldn't care less for such pointless sessions."

"I see." The doctor was silent for a moment. "You look just like your father you know."

Veronica looked up at her, completely dumbfounded.

"How is Philip?" Vivian smiled.

"I wouldn't know." Veronica confessed with a hint or hurt in her voice.

"What do you mean?"

"I haven't seen him for over five years now."

Vivian looked at Veronica with a worried expression. Vivian knew that there was problems are Lillian had died but she would have never thought it was this bad. She watched Veronica as she kept scanning the room.

"Five years if a long time to be away from home." She spoke.

"That place hasn't been my home since my mother died." The doctor nodded understanding why Veronica said that. "How did you know?"

"Your eyes." Vivian smiled. "You have her eyes, soft, kind, loving eyes. And you have her necklace."

Veronica looked down at the rose that hung around her neck.

"I remember the day we got that." Vivian walked over to her desk and open a drawer. She pulled out a necklace identical to the one Veronica had on.

"She said that these will always keep us connected." Vivian sat next to Veronica and held her hand. "I know your mother's death is what you are haunted by and I know that you will not be coming back here. But I want you to know that my door is always open and I hope that you find peace."

Veronica didn't know she was crying till the saltly liquid dropped onto her hands. Without say a word she rushed out of there. Riley called after her as she ran into the street. Veronica did not understand why it was so easy for Vivian to read her, she did not like the fact that Vivian saw past all her defenses.

"Get yourself together." Veronica said to herself as she leaned against the alleyway wall. "This will all be over soon enough."