Chapter Sixteen.

Xavier's pov.

"What do you mean you connot find him?" I asked Timothy. He was my father's tech guy, on of the best damn hackers I ever seen.

"Not only him, Xavier. I cannot find any relatives that are directly related to this Ives person. It is as if she just appeared, She has all the normal documents needed to exist but non that shows any sort of family." He explained as he scrolled through the screen that was now filled with Veronica's information.

None of this made any sense, How can one woman just exist? Riley had said her brother but never said anything about a mother or father.

"Check if she was adopted or something." I instructed.

"Xavier I had did that, still the women has nothing on her. Not even a house on her name or even a damn car. You said that she was studying but when I check there was no record of her. Not even the teachers know who she is."

"Fuck." I sighed and sat down next to Timothy. "How can a Women like her now own all that my father built?" I held the bridge of my noise and closed my eyes.

"Well your father did not really build the empire with clean money." Timothy stated. I glared at him thought my lashes. "Hey." He lifted his hands in defense. "You know what your father had done to obtain all that you guys have. Rodriguez and Winters were both after what your father had. Now some clueless bitch has it, why are you worried bro?"

I was irritated at the fact that Timothy was right but even more so in the manner in which he spoke of Veronica. I slammed my hand on his table before storming out of his office.

What he said wasn't wrong, in fact it was completely right. My father was one of the most feared men in his line of work, hell he was part of the damn mafia and got away from it and survived. He had everything and everyone danced in the palm of his hand. I was going to be the same. Respected, loved and Feared. All at the same time. Now... Now that cannot happen! All because of that damned women. What power did she hold over my father? She had him resign, without fighting. The one question that needs to be answered. Who is Veronica Ives?

~*time skip*~ a few hours later.

I grunted as my back slammed into the ground and completely lost my wind as she fell on top of me.

"For fuck sakes." She said pushing off my chest. The window exploded just as she stood up, throwing her to the side. Ver long dark hair cover her face but I could still see her almost black eyes. They were filled with anger. She sat up and pulled a peice of glass out her arm.

The sound of gun shots filled the room, Veronica quickly got up and ran in the direction of the shots. What type of women runs to the danger? I followed her through the warehouse, she was fast. Really fast, I couldn't help but notice the muscle in her legs and her tight ass. She was one hell of a women.

She ran into the large hanger where the fun fire was coming from. Pushing the larger metal door open, she ran behind one of the shelves. My men firing rapidly towards the area where she stood, I counted five men that stood by her. Two of which were injured. There was no way she would be able to get out of this. Just then she grabbed the gun from one of the men that was with her and aimed at my men. She had no clear shot from where she stood. I was running over to my men, when they started dropping like flies. Before I got the chance to fo anything, they had already lessened by at least half. If not more, I couldn't understand what was happening. Thirty of so, highly-qualified gunmen, were falling like hale in one hell of a storm.

What made the situation even more annoying, was that it was not as if they were dead. They were just shot, some in the arm, others in the leg. Wheals of pain started to over power of the sound of the firearms. And soon all I heard was the graons and cries from my men. None were dead just injured, as I looked closer. I noticed they were only shot in the arm or the leg. I looked over to Veronica, who stood with a smile on her face as she looked at me. He winked at me before running out the back door.

Not long after more of my men stormed the building. "Take care of them." I said pointing towards the fallen men.

Johnathan came up beside me. "Who did this sir?"

"No one you would expect." Was all I said, I didn't feel it was safe talking to him since he was dating that vixens best friend.

"What did they take?"

"Nothing but a flash drive." I held the bridge of my noise, I did not know what to do. Father has been mia since he gave up his company, my brother was practically working for that bitch and this moron was fucking her best friend. Fuck! How did she know where to look!? I was completely annoyed, frustrated and so pissed right now. What the fuck had just happened!?