Chapter Thirty One.

Lyliths pov. (Unedited)

After leaving my grandfather's place, we went straight to the office. I had everything transfered to my birth name and told my publisher's to get a story out, telling everyone who I really was. Xavier and I have not really spoken since the whole confession thing, which happened close to two weeks ago but that is honestly not a priority right now.

William stopped by the office a few days ago, telling me how pissed my grandfather was and that he has planned to ruin my name like he did my mother's. I laughed when I heard this, that old man really has no idea what I am capable of.

"Lylith Winter's!" I hear my best friend shout from the lobby. She spots me and marches over. Oh no, she's going to hang me. "What is your problem!?" She barks as she walks into my office. "You haven't been home for the past three days and you cannot answer your damn phone. How am I to know that you are still alive and not dead in your father's basement!?" After everything, I told Riley what had happened and she was quite unhappy with the situation but still supported me.

"I'm sorry love, I have just been so busy with the transfer and new deals that are piling up since the public knowing who I am." I explain, her face softens and she takes a seat infront of my desk.

"Have you eaten for the day?" Riley asked.

"No but we can go for lunch in a few, I just need to get this sorted." I inform her, she nods and waits for me to finish.

Riley is such an amazing person, I don't know where I would be without her support. Out of the eleven years of out friendship, she has always helped me in every way possible. Even now with her dating Johnathan and all, she has never made me feel less. I love this women, I would lay down my life for her and that is why I have a surprise for her. After closing a deal and logging off I take her hand and we walk down to the entrance of the building. I told her to wait here while I got the car, I still had my grandfather's hellcat.

"So where we headed for lunch?" She asked.

"Somewhere amazing, I know the chef personally and she has the best food I have ever tasted." I smile, looking over to Riley who is frowning. She hates it when I talk about other people's food, she gets kinda jealous because she's a master in the kitchen. Riley looks confused at the building as I pull up in front of it.

"L where are we?" She questioned, I just looked at her and smiled. We both get out the car and she follows me. I hand her a set of keys and Riley looks even more confused. It takes her a moment before she realizes what what happening. "No." She said in disbelief. "Oh my God, you didn't."

"I did." I said smiling, Riley jumps up and down before giving me a bear hug. "I just wanted to say thank you for always being there for me."

"You baught me my restaurant!" She exclaimed.

"Yes and that's not all." I took the keys out her hand and opened the front door. "It's fully furnished but seating area and kitchen. All with state of the art equipment, the fridges are stocked as well as the crockery and cutlery. But wait there's more." I walk her through the building and head upstairs. "This is the bar area, for those costumers that wish for good times and good food." I turned to face Riley, who has said nothing this entire time.

Slowly she walked around, letting her fingers glide along the walls. "This is all mine?" She asked, her voice  shaking.

"Do you like it?" I asked, watching her for a reaction. Riley turned to face me with tears in her eyes.

"L this is perfect, I love it. And I love you for this, this is my dream come true." She rushed and embraced me. She pulled back and spun. "I cannot even explain how happy this has made me."

"Well, it's the least I could do. You are always there for me and I wanted to say thank you for all the years of putting up with my dramatic family." I shrugged and handed her back the keys. "But there is still one thing you need to do."

"And that would be?"

"Name the place." I saw a glint of excitement in Riley's eyes before her expression turned to worry.

"Oh my goodness, what am I going to name the place!?" She panicked.

"Relax, you still have time. The opening isn't untill you say it is, besides you can all it whatever you want and change it later if you don't like it."

"You're the best." Riley said as we walked out the building, she smiled all the way back to my office before she said she had to go home and cook dinner. Apparently Johnathan wants her to meet his parents and this is happening at our place so I guess it's another night at the office for me.

"Roger." I intercom my assiste.

"Yes miss Winters."

"Bring me the paperwork for the Trading unit in England and then you're done for the day."

"Yes miss Winters." Roger set the files on my desk.

"Thank you." I said picking up the file.

"Mister Black came by earlier on, he said that he needs to talk with you."

"Ohk, thank you. If you see him on your way out, send him to my office."

"Goodnight miss Winters." He nodded.

"Goodnight Roger."

For the next few hours I sat, looking through contracts and filing the appropriate paperwork for each contract. Looking at the different options I had and finding more ways to ruin my grandfathers business. If it can even be called that. Around eleven pm there was a knock at my door.

"Enter." I said getting up to put away the files in the cabinet behind me. Not looking at whomever entered my office. A hand grabbed my waist and spun me round and I was met with a rock hard chest. I looked up to find Xavier staring down at me. Before I could say anything, his lips were on mine.

Instantly I felt my legs go numb, slightly dropping into his grip. I felt him smirk against my lips, he knew how affected my and loved to play it to his advantage. When I find my feet I pull back.

"Well hello to you to." I say walking back to my desk. "Roger said you wanted to talk." I turned in my chair to look at him.

"Oh I want to do more then just talk." His voice husky and rough as he leaned forward onto my chair. Our faces only millimeters apart. And without warning he dropped to the base of my neck. Caught off guard a moan escape.