Chapter Four

Veronica's pov.

"Ohk so tell me what exactly happened last night." Riley asked as we sat on the couch early this Saturday morning.

"Well after you ditched me, by going halfway across town. To get freaking ice cream, which you didn't even get for me. Thanks by the way." I complained.

"I was not going to sit around and have you moping."

"Dude you ditched me, on my birthday."

"Fair point. Ohk, now get on with your story." Riley demanded. I sighed and lifted my legs onto the couch.

"Ohk, so you ditched me and I went looking for you. Then this neanderthal groped me and Alec kinda made him shit his pants. Which I finally understand how he managed to scare that cave man. Anyway, I phoned you and found out you were no where near the club. Alec offered to take me home and I took him up on that. Oh yeah I also met Mr No-Shirt, let me just say. Hitler would be proud."

"What!?" Riley asked completely stunned.

"Blond hair, blue eyes, tall, beautiful and tone." I clarified.

"Oh, yeah he is isn't he?" Riley blushed.

"Yeah, anyway. Throughout this whole thing I kept trying to remember who this boy made me think of and once we were driving I came to me. He was the son of that fool my father spoke to five years ago. I had seen him before at partied that my parents hosted and when I went with my dad on his business trips." I sunk further into the couch.

"I that all that happened?" Riley asked. I sighed and looked at her.

"No." I saw her face light up at my reply, this women enjoys my life sorrows. "I told him that I would've liked to walk, of course he was confused but allowed me to do so after a few minutes of a debate. But he would not let me walk where we had stopped, so we drove into town. I got out the car and he did aswel, after some awkward banter he said I looked beautiful and seemed to be a very strong woman."

"Oh my God this is getting good." She commented. I rolled my eyes and continued.

"You are enjoying yourself aren't you?" Riley nodded with a cheeky smile. "Well, after that he kinda, sorta, maybe asked me out."

Riley squealed and jumped in her seat, she grabbed my hands and forced me to bounce. "Oh my God, oh my God! This is amazing, what did you say? Dude tell me, tell me."

"I said no." Riley stopped bouncing and looked at me completely dumbfounded.

"I can't believe you did that." She rubbed her face and looked back at me. "You rejected, the son of one of the most powerful houses ever. Do you know how much influence the Black family has here? With a snap of a finger that man can have an army, or a buffet of all different kinds of exotic foods."

"What is your point?"

"My point is, Vic, you rejected the perfect man." Riley moved closer to me and took my hand once again. "You would've been fucked out your mind, laying in a silk covered bed, waking up to the most amazing breakfast and coming home in his sexy ass car."

"Riles, like I said yesterday, I didn't want to get laid. I went out to have fun but instead I meet the one person..." My voice trailed off as I thought about it.

"The one person...?" Riley looked at me completely confused.

"Do you have Mr No-Shirt number?"

"Obviously, why do you ask?"

"Tell him, I want to see Alec."

~Time skip~

It is currently half past two in the afternoon and it is blazing hot. Riley went out to go get some food and drinks, I am currently laying on the floor in front of the TV, in my bra and a pair of boxes. It's my lazy Saturday attire. Phineas and Ferb is on and I cannot help but sing the theme song. I hear the door unlock and Rileys voice.

"Vic! I'm back!" She shouted from the kitchen.

"Did you get chocolate!?" I ask sitting on the couch. Riley would sand on me of she found me know the floor. 'This is why you die when you have your period!' she always says. Which is probably true.

"No!" I sigh at her reply. "I got chocolates!"

"This is why I love you." I say walking to the kitchen, I stopped dead on my tracks when I spot a dark haired beauty in the kitchen with her. The kitchen went completely silent when the two spotted me, wordlessly I walk away and b-line it for my room to get dressed. Holy shit on toast, why is Alec here? I mentally have a fit before walking back down, now fully dressed in track pants and a oversized shirt. My curly brown hair hangs untidy over my shoulders, nest way to cover one's shame, with big, curly, messy hair.

I walk into the lounge and Riley is chatting up a storm with Alec, who seems to be enjoying himself. Riley sees me a smiles, I half die when I sit down next to her. She give me a little nudge and burst out laughing.

"That was not funny." I say hitting her with a throw pillow.

"You're right." She says claiming down for a second before erupting into laugher again. "It was fucking hilarious." Just then her phone starts ringing and she squeals, she looks and me with the look and I nod. I watch as she runs off to her room in excitement. I smile and shake my head. I had almost forgotten that Alec was here, I looked at him and my face just burnt with embarrassment.

"Well..." He said breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about..." I clear my throat. "You know... Earlier." I laugh awkwardly.

"No no, it was my fault. I had not informed you that I would be here." He states.

"You are correct." I say standing up. Alec looks at me confused. "Would you like anything to drink?" I ask walking to the kitchen. I hear him follow me hesitantly.

"Yes please, water." He says standing in the doorway.

"Coming up."

"I mean not to be rude, but why did you ask to see me?" Alec asked seemingly uneasy. I hand him the glass of water and gesture for him to take a seat.

"In all honesty, I feel terrible for telling you no." Lies. "I do want to thank you for saving me from that brute, so if you wouldn't mind. I would like to cook for you?" I give him a sweet smile as I wait for his reply.

"If I may ask you something?" I raised a brow but nodded for him to ask. "Why did you freak out when you realized who I was?"

There was a moment of silence before I spoke. "Well, to put it simply. My family has a complicated past with your father's work." Well that is true. "I realized that you are not your father and I am sorry for how I reacted."

"That makes sense, my father is not a peoples person." Alec looks at the glass of water for a second before looking back at me. "I would love to taste your cooking." He smiles. Step on complete.

"Amazing, then it's a date." I smile back at him. "How's this Friday for you?"

"Perfect, I shall see you Friday." He says before glancing at his watch. "I am sorry but I must be going." Alec get up and I follow his actions.

"Not a problem." I take his phone from the table and add my number. "Just give me a call if anything changes or you would like to break our date." I hand him his phone.

"I would never dream of it." Alec smiles and I felt my stomach do a flip. Ohk... Well that was weird. I walk him to the door and say bye. Closing the door I lean back on or and sigh. This is going to be fun. A smile crept across my face and I walk to the lounge to watch some more cartoons.