Chapter Eleven

Veronica's pov.

It is two am on a Monday morning and there is someone banging on out front door. I shoot out of bed and open my door, I see that Riley had done the same. I look at her and she shrugs, then the banging comes again.

Getting irritated at the fact that I am woken up so early, I march downstairs to see who is at my door. Opening it to find, what looks like a very drunk Johnathan. Ohk now I am pissed.

"Leave." I hissed and closed the door but the smart-ass blocked it with his foot.

"Please, I want to see Riley." He begged. It has been three weeks since the ball and Riley has just started to become herself again.

"No." Ignoring me he pushed the door open and came in. Riley stood at the top of the stairs, staring at the blonde boy.

"Riley." He said as he found her. "Please just listen to me."

"Vic, make him leave." Riley said turning away from him and going back to her room. Wordlessly, Johnathan walks out the house. Before getting into his car, he turns and looks at me.

"Could you give this to her." He asks, handing me a blue and silver ribboned box. "It's a glass lily, she said it was her favorite flower. It reminded her of a friend she once had." He explained, I felt my heart wench. For two reasons.

One being the fact that he remember such an important piece of information she had given him. Two; she misses who I was before. I have changed a lot over the years, I mean I had to. But is that really a good thing?

I knock on Rileys door, there was a moment of silence before I heard her walk towards the door. "It's me Riles." I through the door. Opening the door, Riley goes back to sitting on her bed. Sitting next to her I hand the box to her.

"He got you a glass lily." I say lowly. She looked at me with tear filled eyes. "You could've just told me." Without waiting for a reply, I walked out and went to my room.

Laying on my bed, looking at the ceiling, I feel tears run down my face. How the hell am I going to fix this? I continue to stare into space for what felt like hours, somewhere amounst the thoughts I must have fallen asleep because I am woken up by a loud crashing sound. Rushing out my room, I kick my toe on the edge of the door causing me to fall face first first. Stumbling to my feet I run downstairs, I find Riley sucking face with Johnathan against the kitchen counter.

"I thought you were dying!" I shout grabbing their attention. Frustrated I pulled on my hair and screamed with my mouth closed. Looking at Riley, who gave me a sheepish smile, I sighed. "You know you could've just did it in couch?" I retort.

"Sorry." Riley said letting go of Johnathan. "Didn't mean to wake you."

"Yeah, whatever. You two enjoy your reunion, I'm going to take a shower. Try not to break anything else." I say waking away, I hear the two laughed and I shake my head. Im really glad those still smile together.

Opening the shower and waiting for it to get hot. I strip myself of my pajamas and look in the mirror. I look at the scar on my side, running my hand over the damaged skin. Carved into my skin were the words, alive to die. I still remember the night I got it. I step into the shower, letting the hot water numb me. Taking the shampoo I start to wash my hair. My thoughts start to drift back to that night. It was dark and mother was sitting with me in front of the fireplace, we were playing chess and mother was letting me win. There was a crashing noise coming from the kitchen, mother told me to go hide but I refused for her to leave my side. I feel myself starting to panic, I open my eyes and look at my hands. Screaming at the sight of blood. I fall back and pushed away from the water. It got hard to breathe, I curled myself in the corner of the shower. I felt someone hold, they embraced me and kept telling me. 'it's ohk, it's over now. You're safe.'

I looked up at Riley, she had a worried look in her eyes. She got out and closed the taps. I stood and tried to collect myself. She handed me a towel and watched as I slowly came back to reality.

"Are you ohk?"She asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." Was all I could manage to utter. She nodded and walked out. After drying myself, I went to my room and got dressed. As I was entering the kitchen I heard Riley talking on the phone.

"They seem to be getting worse..." She spoke. "Please try and convince her, I would hate to see her get hurt." She stayed quiet for a moment. "Ohk, give her a call."

"I'm heading out." I say grabbing the keys off the counter.

"What time will you be back?"

"Don't know, don't wait up." I hear Riley sigh as I exit the house. Today is a gray day, it's drizzling and the air smells fresh. I stand for a moment and look up at the sky, somehow this weather makes me feel a lot better. Getting into the car, I drive away. I needed to sort out some business so that I can get myself back. Seems like every one is missing the old me.

Do I miss the old me, I know that I have changed but do I like the change? Everything is just so complicated, I just need to control the Black's empire and take my place as heir to the Winters family. I will finally have enough control over the people to find out what happened that my mother had to pay for it with her life. I sigh in frustration, thinking always makes my situation worse.