Chapter Twenty Three.

Hey beauties, so like here is a quick A/N. I just wanted to check up on you guys, hope you are enjoy the book. If there is any errors please do comment them. Please like, comment and share the book. Lots of love ♥
#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

Third persons pov.

Veronica and Xavier stood only inches apart, Veronica feared that Xavier could hear how rapidly her heart was beating. Her face turned a shade of pink as she remembered the "discussion" she had with him. Veronica could see how Xavier found some sort of pleasure in how he affected her.

"What do you say about finishing the discussion?" Asked Xavier with a sly smirk on his face, Veronica was feeling so vulnerable and exposed to him right now. She did not enjoy that feeling, disiding to beat him at his own game. Veronica reached up and draped her hands over his shoulders and pushed her body up against his.

"Why don't we go out to lunch?" She asked in a low and sexy tone. Xavier's hands found her waist and pulled her closer, if that was even possible. A smile spread across his and brought his face closer to hers. With their lips almost touching he spoke.

"I know the perfect place." He said before making their lips contact but before anything to escalate Veronica pulled back and walked to the door.

"Meet you down stairs in ten." She said as she walked out the door. On the way to her office she stopped by Julie's desk. "Juliet." She called getting her attention.

"Yes miss Ives."

"Clear my schedule and take the rest of the day off."

"But it's only eleven forty-five, miss Ives." Juliet protested.

"I am aware of the time, Juliet. I'm leaving now. Enjoy your day." Veronica said walking off to her office.

Xavier's pov.

I stood still for a moment, I had not fully understood what had just happened. I knew that Veronica was aroused by me and quite enjoy playing that to my advantage. But I had not found a reason for her to ask me out. No denying the sexual tension between us, but could it be possible that Veronica might actually like me. My mind went wild with all sorts of things like that. Could it be possible? If so what was going to happen between the two of us? Could I have actual feeling for Veronica? Is she just playing along? What would she benifit from doing so?

I was completely lost in thought as I walked through the office building, I was too busy to notice the big busty woman chasing me. Trying to catch my attention, untill she grabbed my hand.

"Mister Black." Her high pitched voice shreeled. "How about we go for lunch together?" She cut right to the chase. I honestly was not in the mood to deal with her now.

"I already have plans for lunch, Valerie but thank you for the offer." I said somewhat sincerely. A pout formed on her face and she pulled my arm between her breast.

"I promise it will be worth your time." Valerie tried sounding cute but only ended up with a tone of Desperation. I was rather disappointed by how she threw herself at me. Women like her disgusted me, only ever handing it out and not wanting a real and healthy relationship.

"I highly doubt it." I said before pryin his arm out of her grip and continued to walk out the building. About five minutes later, Veronica steps into the parking area. My eyes immediately scanned her body. Her presence demanded all the attention, and her walk just screamed power. This woman was all anyone could ask for. Brains, beauty and brute force. Despite her tiny appearance, this brunette beauty packs one hell of a punch.

"We can take my car." She said walking right passed me and got into a Mazda3-Q3. "Are you not coming?" She asked as she started the engine.

The car ride was almost unbearable, it was fill with tention and suffocating silence. Looking over to Victoria, or Lylith, it was difficult to know which name to refer to her by. With her eyes focused on the road, she had an expressionless face. It was hard to know what she was thinking at the moment. With this whole confusion, I didn't know what to think. I did not know how to feel.

"You know, you can take a picture. It would last longer." Veronica spoke, bringing me out of my thoughts. She must have thought my expression was funny because she let out a breathy laugh. Still I sat quietly and watched her.

Veronica was the of the most beautiful women I had ever had the pleasure of laying eyes upon.

"Thank you." She laughed and looked at me. I was confused as to why she would be thanking me...

"Oh shit." I face palmed. "I said that out loud. I apologize, I hadn't ment to think out loud."

"That's alright." She smirked. "I would love to hear what else you think of me." Veronica winked at me before turning into the parking. For some reason my face heated, I cannot understand why I had found that so damn attractive.

"miss Winters." I called out after she had gotten out the car. She just looked back at me with a smile.

"Come Xavier, we don't want to be late for our resivation." Veronicas voice sounded almost playful. I followed her into the restaurant.

"Miss Ives." Greeted a waiter at the entrance. She nodded and followed him to our table. They had us seated near the back, music was lively and the atmostphere was calm. Veronica sat across from me and looked out the window.

"I remember coming here as a child, my mother would always bring us here when my father was away on 'business'. She loved coming here at night, she said that her father always came here to meet with her." She looked so different right now.

A waiter stood at our table and the air suddenly turned cold. Veronica's soft expression was completely gone, now it was one of irritation and disgust." Goodevening, I am Skylar and I will be your waiter for this evening. Can I start you off with something to drink?" He smiled, it was not a real smile but rather looked quite mischievous.

Why did this man look so familiar and why was Veronica so affected by him?