Chapter Nineteen

Reeva's POV

After a tremendous week of training for the next operation for the mutant homeland. I given everyone the rest of the next week off unless something came up that I needed them immediately.

During my time in up the screen room watching everyone train. I saw something different in Wes, Lauren, and Andrew eyes. These three seem to have a strong bond of friendship enough to fully work as a team and as one. For it being my day off, I joined the city for once instead of staying inside all day focusing on training for five hours.

The mutant underground had been very quiet since the little accident witn the Strucker parents, their Strucker Family, Lorna and Marcos.

I'm disappointed in Lorna deeply. Her father was a King to the Hellfireclub. I don't need people like that on this operation. The only mutants that really matter are the descendants of Fernis aka. Andrew and Lauren Von Strucker.

Andrew has impressed me with everything since he had doubts for a while in the beginning of all of this, I can see when he and Lauren are together the feeling of friendship.

I had a friend like that, but I watched my closet friend die in my arms due to us getting into a fight, then she got killed on the streets by Pulsefires. They will pay for taking Benziar from me.

What no mutants know or even a family that isn't even mutants don't know that I've been secretly training a girl who supposedly died on 7/15, but really she survived and faked her death to recover fully to face up to her family again one day.

Her name is Grace Turner. The daughter of Jace and Paula Turner. I think today will be there unlucky day because for so long they thought their daughter died on the fateful day that was so long ago. Grace was given the options to either go home where her father could turn her in just being a mutant or become stronger by training under my wing and face her parents showing them how strong she's become after hiding the fact she is mutant like most people in this world today.

Grace was 7 years old when everyone thought she died. Grace is now the age of 13.

When I first found her she didn't remember who she was or what had happened to her. Esme, Phoebe, and Sophie gained Grace trust and showed Grace what happened to her.

Today is the day Grace will finally come clean and prove that mutants aren't afraid of humans even if mutants seem like we want to cause harm when we don't we want peace and a place to call home of our own.

"I'm ready Reeva. I'm anxious to see how my parents will react to me being alive. It's high time my father gets payback for hurting us mutants." Grace comments walking into the meeting room interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Good to hear Grace. Remember we can leave when you want to or whatever is comfortable with you."

"Thank you, but I'll be okay, all the training has paid off and my so called father will finally see that he was wrong from the start." Grace replied smirking at the thought of leaving this place after years of being afraid and hiding from everyone.

Then off we went.

--------------------------------

Jace's POV

Today will mark the anniversary of Grace death. I can't forgive myself for letting those mutants take my daughter and other innocent lives from this world and their families.

"I miss you Grace. I wish you were here, your mom and I are trying to make things better between us, but since you died that fateful day things haven't gotten better between your mother and I. We need you Grace. We love you Grace." I cried out loud having tears go down my cheeks.