Chapter Fourty

Author's Note:

Hello everyone,

So on Tuesday the 26 of February was the finale of season 2 of The Gifted. I watched that episode so many times after it aired and I can't believe that Reed is dead, same with Reeva.

This will be the last chapter for this book for a while, maybe not I'm not fully a hundred percent sure yet, but when this chapter is up this book will be put on hold until further notice. Like when season 3 is on, I might put more chapters up if I do come up with more ideas, but this chapter will be it for now.

~enjoy~

---------------------------------------------------------

Lorna's POV

This stunt that Marcos pulled on me was wrong. Thankfully Reeva got their in time before Marcos got out of the parking garage. Dawn misses Marcos, I couldn't tell her what Reeva did to him. I'm not even sure what happened to him.

"Mommy when is dad coming home?" Dawn asks.

"In a few days honey. Daddy had to go on a special mission for Auntie Reeva."

"Hey Lorna, may I come in?" Esme asks knocking on the door.

"Auntie Esme." Dawn smiled walking towards her to give her a hug.

"Hi Dawn. How is my favorite little niece." Esme smiled.

"I'm good, I wonder what happened to my daddy though. I hope he's okay." Dawn smiled.

Esme looked at me as she and I both knew Dawn couldn't know what happened to Marcos. "Your daddy is okay, I dropped him off at his mission for Reeva."

"What's up Esme?"

"Well Reeva sent Lauren and Andrew to have sibling bonding day and she is with them to keep things unde control if something is to happen. She asked me to make sure training gets done while she's away. You ready for training. My sisters can look after Dawn while you train." Esme explains.

"What do you say Dawn. You want Aunties Sophie and Phoebe watch and play with you as I train."

"Can they play with me as I watch you train?" Dawn asks jumping up and down on the bed.

"Sure Dawn. We can watch your mommy train." Sophie and Phoebe say in unison.

----------------------------

Reeva's POV

I feel proud of myself. I manage to regain Lauren trust in me, the girls, the Inner Circle, and for our cause. All I had to do was let her and Andrew go bowling like they used to as kids and let them be themselves with no training or mission to worry about.

I left the Von Strucker siblings alone and went to go meet Bendict Ryan at the place he works. Luckily he and I have a history of being on the same side.