~1~ Old Friends and Risky Choices ~<3~

(Song ~ Ride - Twenty One Pilots)

"Why do we need to sneak out of the house if we're not doing anything wrong until we sneak onto the subway?" Riley asked my friend Maya Hart, and I. Riley wasn't allowed to go on the subway. So we decided to sneak her out. In my defense, it was Maya's idea.

"You think you're ready to just walk by your parents?" Maya asked as we both raised an eyebrow.

"I don't think you're ready..." I added. Riley wasn't a liar.

But, to my surprise, she nodded and simply said, "I think I'm ready!"

We just kept our eyebrows raised. "Let us see your face as you walk by your parents." Riley's face twisted into a look of pure terror. I snorted. This wasn't going to end well.

"Why are you making that face at us, Riley?" Maya asked in a tone that was supposed to be like Mr. and Mrs. Matthews.

"You're not doing anything suspicious are you?" I added, playing along.

"I'm sneaking out to the subway!" She exclaimed. We all stared at each other before nodding and saying. "Out the window."

We all started to crawl out the bay window but were stopped when Mr. Matthews crawled through.

"Daddy! What are you doing out here!" Riley asked, in an 'innocent' tone.

"He was probably listening at the door," I said, shrugging.

"Being smarter than us. " Maya said, backing out of the window.

"As always." I pouted, as I sat on the bed.

"How come you're always smarter than us?" Maya asked, frowning. Mr. Matthews climbed into the room.

"Here's what I'm thinking," He said as Maya and Riley sat on the bed next to me, "It's not your world yet. It's still my world. Because if it was your world, Maya and Kenzie would have you on the subway already, thinking you put something over on me. But you didn't. Know how I know? Look at you. You're right here."

"How long do I have to live in my father's world?" Riles asked. Mr. Matthews smiled at her.

"Until you make it yours. Riley, do you know what I want more than anything? Go ahead. Make it yours."

Riley grinned, "I will. And when I do, will you still be there for me?" Topanga walked through the doorway.

"Right here. We'll be right here."

We smiled and crawled out the window. Little did we know, this was only the beginning...

-<3-

We walked into the subway station, dancing as Dweezil played the drums. "Dweezil!!" Maya said as we waved. Dweezil usually played in the subway. Sometimes I would play my ukulele and he would do the beat for me.

He waved back, "Maya! Kenzie! Who's the new chick?" He asked.

Riley grinned. "Chick! Down here I'm a chick! No wonder my parents don't want me on the Subway." I just shook my head smiling. I love this goofball.

"You're slouching Maya! You too, Kenz, straighten those shoulders!" Gretchen said as she walked past us.

"Thanks, Gretchen!" We said back in the same tone, posing and walking towards the subway.