~19~ Game Night and a Revolution (Part 1)

It had been a week. A week since the incident. A week since Christmas. Many interesting things had happened in the past week. The most interesting being this. I was living with Maya.

About 3 days after the incident, the Matthews had gotten a knock on the door. It was Maya and her mother. Katy had heard about the incident, and invited me to stay with them until I had a better place to stay. Now, it's no secret that Katy could barely support her and Maya. But still, she insisted I stay with them. Maya and I were basically sisters already, and I had stayed at her house more times than my own apartment. So, I accepted.

Riley had invited the gang to family game night, which Maya and I knew Cory wouldn't be too happy about.

"Did you tell them yet?" I asked Riley as we walked in.

"Did he freak? Did she tell you?"

"Did you freak?" I asked. "Show me what you did. Freak out for me."

"Why would I freak out?" He asked me. "I don't freak out." Then he turned to Riley. "What did you do?!"

"Family game night, now with extra family." Augie said, walking in with Josh.

"Well, hello." Maya said, trying to flirt with Josh.

"Well, hello." Auggie said back, twirling his hair like she had.

I gave Josh a side hug. Auggie didn't want to miss game night. We never made it out of the city." He said, then paused for a moment before handing Cory a dollar. "Oh, here's your money."

"Hey, this is a dollar. I gave you a hundred."

"With that kind of money, you think we're not gonna buy steaks?"

Auggie lifted up his shirt and patted his stomach. "Thank you, papa."

Cory looked at him for a moment before shrugging. "You know what? My brother!"

"My brother!"

"Listen, you're here for game night. You're family, you're in."

Suddenly the intercom buzzed. "Farkle."

"And Lucas."

"Come on up." Riley said, pressing the button.

"Topanga. It's happening. I thought we had a few more years." Cory said, starting to freak out.

"Calm down." His wife told him.

"No calm. It's happening right now. Riley invited her friends to family game night." He turned to Riley. "Riley, shnookums. Um, you're gonna have to start to prioritize what's more important to you, your family, huh? Or your friends? There is only one right answer."

"Why do I..."

"Wrong answer."

"...have to choose between..."

"Wrong answer."

"I love my friends and I want to hang out with my friends." She opened the door for Lucas and Farkle. "Welcome to family game night, friends."

Cory pointed at Maya, Lucas, Farkle, and I. "Wrong, wrong, wrong answer."

~<3~

"Get rid of them."

"Why do you have to be you all the time?" Riley asked groaning. Meanwhile, I was sitting by the coffee table with Lucas, Farkle, and Maya.

"How long do you think this gonna go on for?" I asked them.

"This is Mr. Matthews we're talking about... Who knows?" Farkle said, before talking to Maya.