~33~ Until We Meet Again

We all had trouble sleeping, and eventually gave up, deciding to make the most of our last few hours together. I was laying with my head on Zay's chest, his arms around me protectively. The only thing as protective as his grasp were the glares Lucas and Farkle were giving him. Eventually the conversation was getting awkward with the looks we were getting, so I finally spoke up. "Okay, that's it. Zay, we're telling them."

"Tell us what?" Farkle and Lucas asked at the same time. I turned to Zay, who simply shook his head.

"You're the one who wants to tell 'em." He said, and I could tell that he was scared of the boy's reactions.

"Well... um.... Zayandiaredating..." I spit out quickly. Lucas's turned to one of confusion, then of realization as he looked at the two of us.

"Please tell me I misheard you." Lucas said, before taking a deep breath when we both shook our heads. "I trust you Zay, but I swear to God... hurt her I hurt you, you understand Babineaux?" He asked icily as Zay nodded quickly. Well at least that came out before I had to leave.

Before we knew it, it was time to eat breakfast. Topanga had fixed waffles, and we all ate before starting to pack. Shawn helped me bring my bags to the living room, before sitting down at the table with me. "You ready, kiddo?" He sighed, causing me to shake my head. "Neither am I... I'll call you whenever I can, and you can call me whenever you need to. He said, pulling me into a tight hug. 

I sighed. "How am I supposed to just pretend like everything's normal, Dad?" 

"You can't always be normal. A very wise woman once told me that normal was boring."

"My mom?" I asked, smiling. He nodded, before glancing behind me. 

"I think somebody wants to speak to you." He said, smirking as I turned around to see Zay standing there awkwardly. Shawn got up, walking past Zay. "Five inches apart, Babineaux." He said, causing Zay to nod quickly. 

"Are you going to sit down?" I asked. He nodded, sitting next to me.

"FIVE INCHES." We heard my dad yell, as Zay jumped back quickly. 

"Riley just got off the phone with Josh. He's coming in a few minutes to say goodbye." Zay sighed, before turning to me. "Promise you'll text me everyday." He said, crossing his arm.

"Promise you won't find someone better for you." I said, giving him a sad smile.

"What in the world are you talking about?" He scoffed. "You're perfect. How on earth could I find someone better than you?" He said, causing me to blush before leaning in to kiss him. But, we were suddenly pulled apart. 

"Five inches!" My dad exclaimed, crossing his arms as the two of us burst into giggles. "K-Kenz it's not funny." He frowned. "CORY!!" He yelled, storming off. 

"So, Babineaux... where were we?" I grinned, leaning in to kiss him. We were interrupted yet again with the front door opening.

"Woah... I interrupted something." Josh said before staring at the two of us, who were still frozen, centimeters away from each other. "How about you... come over here..." He said, dragging me to the other end of the bench, before plopping down in the middle of us. 

"Hey Joshie." I said, smiling and giving him a hug. "Hi beanie." I said, snatching it off of his head. 

"Hey Kenzie." He said hugging me back. "And you must be the infamous boyfriend." He said, gesturing to Zay. 

"I'm guessing you're the infamous cousin." He said as Josh stole my beanie back.

"You are correct." Josh replied, as I sat cross-legged on the bench pouting. "Now, will somebody please tell me why I'm here."

~<3~

"I'm not ready..." I said, taking in a deep breath as we waited for him to come upstairs. My father had just buzzed in, and was heading upstairs as I spoke.

"None of us are." Shawn mumbled, holding my hand. I sat at the table, Zay sitting next to me with his arm around me. There was a knock on the door, and I tensed up, Zay holding me tighter as Topanga opened the door.

"Daniel." She greeted curtly, and I froze as he walked in.

"Makenzie..." He said before glancing at Shawn, who was sitting next to me. "Shawn Hunter... I see you know my daughter." He said, causing Shawn to scoff.

"Actually, we need to talk about that..." He said.

~<3~

To say that Daniel was shocked was an understatement. But, he quickly got over it. "Say your goodbyes, Kenz. We're leaving." He said, as I turned to Maya and Riley, embracing them tightly.

"Ring power." I mumbled.

"Thunder."

"Lightning."

"Rainfall." I finished, before turning to Cory, Topanga, and Auggie. "Thanks again for always being here." I said, leaning in to hug them, before crouching down to hug Auggie.

I walked over to Josh who pulled me in tightly, before placing something on my head. I felt it, grabbing it to see what it was.

"Your beanie." I said, smiling.

"I figured that since I have your's, I can't leave you beanie-less."

I turned to Farkle. "I'm gonna miss you." I said, giving him a tight hug. "I'm gonna miss you so much."

"I'm one call away, Kenz." He mumbled, before turning and pushing me towards Lucas.

"You stay out of trouble, sis." He said, winking. I smirked.

"I'll try my best, Ranger Rick." I said before hugging him tightly.

I turned to Zay. "Promise that you'll text me everyday?" He repeated from earlier.

"Promise that you won't find someone better?" I replied.

"Not a chance." He said, and I leaned in to kiss him, before hearing Shawn exclaim.

"Five inches!"

I kissed him a bit longer before pulling away. "Until we meet again." I said cheesily. (we may or may not have binged romance movies last week)

"Until we meet again." He repeated.

Zay pulled me into a hug, before letting me turn to Shawn and Katy. I walked over to Shawn, giving him a tight hug.

"Promise you'll text me as soon as you get there. I'm serious text me whenever you need anything, and I mean anything. If you so much as have a bloody nose." He said, and I smiled.

"I promise."

I hugged Katy, thanking her for everything she did for me. Then, my dad grabbed my bags, and we left. And that was only the beginning.