~23~ He Shows Up (Part Two)

"You do realize that stalking is a criminal offence, right?" I asked Zay frustratedly, as he sat next to me in the car that Maya was preparing to wash.

"Oh really? I had no clue." He deadpanned. "And personally I don't think it counts as stalking if you know the person."

"I'm am 98% sure that it does." I exclaimed, and he sighed.

"Look, I know I've said this a million times, but I'm sorry. I'm sorry I don't watch what I'm saying. I'm sorry I talk without thinking. I'm sorry that I'm the worst secret keeper in the universe. I'm so so sorry. I just miss the old days... When you, Lucas, and I were a trio. When you and I were best friends. I miss us." I stayed silent for a moment before turning to him.

"Wanna know something, Zay... I've been thinking... I think I miss us too." Wow, talk about a mood swing on my part.

"So... How's your dad?" Zay asked.

"I don't even want to talk about that total son of a–"

"What did he do?" Zay asked, cutting me off.

"I wasn't good enough... so he left. He packed up with his fiancé and left."

"You didn't do anything. It's his fault, not yours." I simply shrugged, laughing at Riley and Lucas fighting.

"They're so adorable." I said smiling.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Zay asked, gesturing to them. "I can't tell if they're about to play duck duck goose, or tear each other's eyes out."

I turned to him. "You need serious mental help." We got up out of the car, going sit down by Maya.

"Wow. Yours is a lot of something." Zay pointed out, still watching Riley and Lucas.

"She's a lot of work." Maya sighed.

"A lot" I emphasized.

"What happens to her when you two are home, sick?"

"Oh, I could never get sick." Maya said, smiling sadly. Then, she turned to face us. "So, just between you and me what did Ranger Rick really do? Did he tip over a cow? Did he put eleven gallons in a ten gallon hat?"

Zay shook his head. "I already told you too much and he'll tell you what he wants to tell you."

"You were really best friends?"

"Oh, there were never better best friends."

Maya shook her head. "I think there were; and if Riley or Kenz were coming from Texas, at least they'd tell me they were coming."

"Like I said something happened." All of a sudden we heard a scream. "Your friend's a fountain." Zay said, pointing to Riley. Lucas was spraying her with the hose, and there was water EVERYWHERE

"Wait a minute!" Riley yelled. "Wait, wait! Lucas, I lost my contact lens."

"Here comes funny." I whisper to Maya and Zay.

"Oh my gosh. Riley, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that." Lucas said, falling to the ground to look for the contact. Riley walked away and grabbed a bucket full of water. "Wait... Since when did you wear-"

He was cut off by Riley dumping a bucket of water on his head. "Well, you... were the first boy I ever liked! ...That's a big deal for me. Are you worth it? Tell me and I'll believe you. I want to believe you. Are you worth it?"

"Yes."

"Okay." She sighed, taking the bucket off of his head.

Farkle ran over. "You have completely ruined this experiment for me! You are significantly over three minutes-"