~34~ Conversations and the Surprise Addition

"So... you and Babineaux are a thing?" My father questioned. I nodded, staring out of the plane window. "Kenz... you'll have to talk to me eventually..." He said, causing me to turn to him, glaring.

"I have nothing to say to the man who left me for months."

"Kenz... I can explain..." He tried, but I cut him off.

"There's nothing to explain... no excuses! You left your thirteen-year-old daughter alone with the hopes that someone would take her in. You left me for her." I muttered.

My dad sighed. "About that... there's something I need to talk to you about."

"It can wait until we get to your apartment." I snapped, digging my phone out of my pocket and playing music through my earbuds, before sighing and looking out the window. I was not ready.

~<3~

I had texted everyone when I got off the plane as I promised. My father and I got into a cab and made our way to his apartment.

"Kenz... I really need to tell you something..."

"It can wait," I replied, not wanting to have whatever conversation this was in public.
The cab let us out and we got my bags, as my dad took in a deep breath.

We walked to their door, and my dad knocked, turning to me. "I'm serious Kenz... somethings have changed these past few months-"

"Makenzie! How lovely to see you!" Alexandra said, and I glanced at her before taking a step back in surprise.... in her arms was a baby.

~<3~

Autumn Danielle Huxton... that was my new sister's name. Technically speaking, she wasn't my real sister, but since Daniel's name is on my birth certificate it's close enough. I was upset, yes. They ran away to have another kid. But, the moment I looked into the girl's deep brown eyes, I was hooked.

I wasn't mad at Autumn, but I was still upset with my father. We put my stuff into their guest room, which was now my bedroom, for the time being, grabbing my phone. I sighed, leaning against the wall and dialing the only number I could think of.

"Hello?"

"Farkle... I need someone to talk to." I explained the situation, sitting on my bed. By the time I was done, and Farkle had given me some encouragement, Daniel knocked on the door, telling me it was time for dinner. This should be interesting.

~<3~

"So Makenzie... what've you been interested in lately?" Alexandra said awkwardly, trying desperately to make conversation.

I sighed, knowing that being bitter wouldn't help much. "Mostly musicals... Broadway and such. I'm in the talented theatre program at my school..."

"Any leads yet?" She asked curiously.

I smiled a bit. "Marion the Librarian in Music Man... Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors... Anna in Frozen... Red Riding Hood in Into the Woods...." I trailed off, shrugging.

My dad laughed a bit, an impressed look on his face. "You're really making a name for yourself..."

"Farkle made me audition the first few times... Then Zay joined dance class with me so I couldn't leave him, " I said, shrugging.

"Do you still write music?"

"Yeah... Farkle got me a guitar for my birthday, so Maya and I have been coming up with different ideas."

"How long have you and Zay been together?" Alexandra questioned with a smirk. Motherhood has really calmed her down.

"It's almost a month now... When he first moved to New York I was upset with him because of the incident... But eventually, we warmed up to each other."

"I always knew that the two of you would end up together, " Daniel said with a chuckle. "Let me tell you, Lex, that boy spent more time at our house than his own, and when he was at his house so was Kenzie."

"Lucas always says that we were the only ones who didn't know... When he asked me out, I nearly died of shock."

"How did he ask you out?" Alexandra asked with a chuckle.

"Well, I took him to meet Da -Shawn since he was my best friend. After we finished eating, Shawn asked Zay to talk with him alone. He must've given Zay his blessing; since he asked me right then and there."

Daniel winced, reminded of the fact that he wasn't technically my real father, and I honestly felt bad for him. I turned to Autumn, making faces at her and smiling. Looking around the table and remembering the conversation we just had, I realized that this might be as bad as I thought it would be.