~26~ Fights and Accusations

"Lucas, stop. You know that's different." I said, putting my hand up. We were waiting for class to start, when Maya teased Lucas a little. For once though, Lucas retaliated by calling her 'a short little stack of pancakes'. I know better than anyone how sensitive Maya is about her height. She's told me at least a million times. So, since Riley didn't stick up for her, I did.

"How is it different, Kenz? She teases me all the time." Lucas said, looking slightly annoyed.

"That's different. This is personal."

"Oh, and making fun of my accent and hometown isn't personal." He scoffed.

"Luke, you and I both know that's different. She doesn't mean it to personally hurt you." I said, and he rolled his eyes. I could tell he was ticked off.

"Oh like how you didn't mean to fight with your mom." He spat out, causing everyone in the room to stare, especially Zay and Farkle.

Maya went to say something to him, but I cut her off. "You and I both know that's in a completely different ballpark." I growled, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Really because I'm hearing very similar excuses. Maya doesn't mean to tease me. You didn't mean to fight." Farkle looked ready to kill Lucas. "It doesn't change the truth. Maya is a short stack of pancakes; You killed your mom." The moment the words left his mouth he realized what he had just said and his face softened. "Kenz, I–"

I cut him off by slapping him in the face. "I hate you." I said, running to the bathroom. Maya ran after me, pulling me into a hug when she came in. We both sighed. Riley didn't stick up for us... and that's when the trouble started.

~<3~

"I apologized!" Riley exclaimed.

"I don't care!" Maya and I yelled back.

"I apologized like 50 times."

"Don't you dare play the guilt card." I snapped.

"You don't do that to us."

"How many times are you gonna make me say I'm sorry?"

"Are you actually sorry?" We asked, rolling our eyes.

"No!"

Riley stood up, sitting on the bed.

"Fine, you don't want to sit by us? Fabulous." Maya scoffed.

"I will not stink up the integrity of our bay window with this ridiculous argument."

"You come here and stink it up right now." I ordered.

~<3~

"You stood up for Lucas and not us!" Maya exclaimed as we walked in the hallway of school.

"I'm not standing up for him."

"You didn't disagree with him."

"Well, when you really think about it, he wasn't wrong."

"So I did kill my mom? That's wonderful." I said, glaring at her.

"Who cares if he wasn't wrong?" Maya exclaimed.

"Oh, right and wrong don't matter now?"

"The only thing that matters is us. When have Kenz and I ever not stood up for you?"

"When I'm wrong!" She yelled.

"You're always wrong!" We countered, causing Riley to gasp.
"Or you're always right." Maya continued. "Who cares? I don't listen, I just stick up for you automatically."