~24~ Time Capsules and Newfound Information

(I know that Zay isn't usually in a lot of the episodes, but I'm adding him in for story purposes.)

"Somebody read that." Cory said, pointing to the board.

"'History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.' Winston Churchill." Lucas read.

"And he did. Who's gonna write their own history here? What is history? I keep forgetting."

"That's for sure." Zay muttered.

"History is time passing." Riley said.

"Oh yeah? How much time? Someone once said, '100 years from now, all new people.'"

"100 years!" Maya exclaimed.

"Wrong."

"You set me up."

Cory looked through the whole room. "When should you guys begin to make your own history?"

"Right now." Riley and I answered.

"Good. So, today we're talking about Winston Churchill. When the new people come, how do you want them talking about you?"

"Nicely?"

"How long do we have before history makes its decision about us?" I asked.

"What if they're writing it down now?" Farkle asked.

"Doesn't matter. Chapter one: Introduction. Please read."

"'There is a comfort in knowing that history is fixed. You can no sooner change history than you can change the nine planets in our solar system from Mercury to Pluto.'" Riley read.

"Oh." We all exclaimed, getting what Matthews was doing. Except Riley.

"What?"

"Nice job, Mr. Matthews." Lucas congratulated.

"What'd he do?"

"He just showed us history books can be wrong. You can change history."

"I don't get it."

"How can she not know?" Zay and Lucas asked, confused.

"Look at the bird!" Maya and I said, pointing away.

"She doesn't know because she has us." I said, pointing around.

"The Riley Committee." Farkle exclaimed.

"The committee exists to keep certain information away from Riley." Maya exclaimed.

"Like what?" Lucas asked.

"Everything, really." Farkle and I shrugged.

Cory walked over. "Listen, this committee can't protect her for the rest of her life. She's getting too smart."

"She's looking for a bird." I deadpanned.

"Well, someone's gotta tell her." Cory said.

"You do it." Maya suggested.

"Nah, you do it!" Cory said, shaking his head.

Maya sighed. "Hi, sweetie."

"Peaches."

"See, we've all been protecting you from something. You know Pluto?"

"Pluto? I love Pluto. Everybody knows that. Pluto's a little cutie-pie. The smallest planet with the biggest heart. I love Pluto so much, I would kiss it on the face."

"Not doing it!" Maya decided.

"You're doing it!" Cory said, shaking his head.

"I'll do it!" I exclaimed. "Honey?"