CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Jimin looked at the boys with a pained expression. It has been a week since Jimin had come back from the hospital and the boys were trying there best to take care of him and never leave him alone. Jimin knew that they were showering him with all the love and affection they could but he also knew how Jungkook cried every night. How Seokjin spent sleepless nights in the hope that the younger would turn up. Hoseok and Namjoon trying to console eachother over the situation and the sudden walls that Yoongi build up between everyone. Jimin still hadn't found a way to explain Taehyung and every time Jimin would call, Taehyung would just say one thing —Can you explain yourself. And when Jimin would remain silent, the next thing he knew was the call being hung up.

It stung him, more than the pain in his wrists. The look of disappointment that Taehyung's face was coated with. The hurt brimming his eyes. His voice may be rude and tough but still had the broken and worried undertone. Every time Jimin would close his eyes, he could just see the male's ashen face. Jimin held his phone up and stared at the male's contact and kept the phone back down. There was no way he could explain this. The heat of moment he had felt that made him almost end his life.

Jimin took a deep breath and dailed the number. He heard a few rings and than the call connected.

"Hello?" Jimin closed his eyes and tears flowed down his eyes when he heard the deep voice.
"Anyone there?" Taehyung asked when Jimin didn't speak for some time.
"Tae..." Jimin whispered and then there was silence at the other end, like Taehyung had stopped doing what he was doing.
"Jimin" he said with a firm voice.
"Tae. I can't explain myself but can you answer my one question?" Jimin asked.

There was silence for a moment and then his voice came again, this time a little weaker,"Yes.."

"What could have happened if I just you know died.." Jimin asked in a quite voice.

"I don't know Jimin" Taehyung said quitely as if he was afraid of his own answer,"I almost lost myself when you did that. I would have been crushed under the weight. Do you really think that you life is a game Jimin? Did anyone of us wanted you to do that? Did we ever told you to go and end your life. You could have just thought of us or maybe your family or Army out there. Have you ever thought that what would have happened to your parents if they would have heard the news that their son killed himself. I don't know how they would have done but Jimin, I wouldn't have come to your funeral cause Jimin you were a coward. And I only knew the strong willed Jimin, you were not that. You are someone else. You are not the strong Jimin anymore. I answered you question. And Jimin when I know that the old Jimin is back, I myself will come to see you. Until then Goodbye"

The call ended.

Jimin pulled the phone away and stared at the screen for a long time, his tears falling on the smooth surface. His fingers tightened around the object and he clenched his jaws.

"I'll bring back the old Jimin" Jimin said and wiped his eyes. He grabbed his phone and headphones. He pulled on the hoodie and went out of the room.

"Jimin where are you going?" Seokjin asked when Jimin opened the front door.
"Outside" He said,"Alone. I need to clear my mind"
"Alright. Be back soon" Seokjin said worriedly. Jimin gave him a curt nod and left.

***

Taehyung threw the phone on the bed and sighed. He rubbed his temples and groaned from the pain that erupted in his head.

The door bell caught his attention and he sighed and went to see who was at the door.

He opened the door to reveal Jiwoo, who had a shy smile on her face.
"Hey Taehyung" She said and Taehyung gawked at her sudden presence.
"J-Jiwoo what are you doing here?" Taehyung asked and noted her outfit. Jiwoo looked at him with a strange expression and said,"Tae. You called me for dinner"
Taehyung's face went from confusion to embarrassment in a split second.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry" he shrieked and invited the girl inside.
"It's alright" Jiwoo said and looked around when Baekhyun entered the house with a wide smile on his face.

"Jiwoo don't tell him that I forgot please" Taehyung hissed to Jiwoo and she gave him a genuine nod. Taehyung smiled at the girl and told his brother to take her to the living area. The male then ran upstairs where his parents were sitting in the library.

"Mom dad" he said,"We have a guest for dinner"
"We didn't invite anyone" Youngae said with a confused expression.
"You'll know later who is it but it's really important so dress up in something better" Taehyung said.

"Taehyung we are wearing good enough clothes. Do you want us to wear wedding attire?" Sungmin laughed and Taehyung looked down blushing.

"Who is it anyways? Your girlfriend?" Youngae teased and got up. Taehyung blushed harder and looked away.
"Just go downstairs" Taehyung said and pushed them out of the room.

"Chef prepare something really good for the dinner please. It's last minute but I request" Taehyung said through the intercom, cause the kitchen was all the way the other side.

When Taehyung went down there was a deafening silence in the living area. The grey head gulped when he saw the stern expressions of his parents towards Baekhyun and Jiwoo. Areum was chewing on her thumbnail and frowning. She gave Taehyung a tensed expression.

"Did you say that you have no parents?" Youngae asked Jiwoo in a cold tone. Jiwoo gave a nervous nod, Baekhyun held her hand and started to speak sometime but Youngae cut him off by saying.

"Jiwoo don't say that ever again, cause for now on we are your parents" Youngae said with a wide smile, and it took Taehyung a minute to understand what she said and the he burst into a squeal and so did Areum and both of them hugged each other in excitement. Baekhyun and Jiwoo burst into happy tears and hugged the old couple.

"Taehyung you should marry as well" Baekhyun teased and Areum snickered.
"Oh fuck off" Taehyung hissed.

***