CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Areum gave Taehyung a look of disapproval when he gulped down two aspirins to calm down his burning head.

"Look. I couldn't sleep alright" He said,"I really need sleep"
"I really need sleep" Areum mimicked his voice and then hissed with a scowl,"You drank a whole damn bottle of pure red wine!?"
"There is still some left in there" Taehyung said with his chin jerking towards the bottle that lay innocently on the side table. This morning Areum had banged the bottle down on the side table right next it Taehyung's ear to wake him up, he was more than glad that it didn't break or anything.

"Just quarter of a glass" She spat and crossed her arms over her chest with a huff.
"Don't make it big of a deal Areum" Taehyung said with a shrug and the girl glared at him with her brown eyes.
" dad won't like it" She said after sometime and Taehyung sighed.
"Look Areum I'm grown up, my dad can't control every decision of mine" Taehyung said and Areum gave a nod, deciding not to add on anything to the statement.

"Any ways I got a call from the hospital this morning" Areum said and Taehyung spit out the water he was drinking from his mouth.
"Why did they call you!?" He asked and Areum shrugged.
"I seriously don't know" she said,"Sejin just called me out of the blue and asked for you"
"Your damned cousin" Taehyung muttered under his breath but the girl heard it anyways.

"Taehyung don't you think that we should tell dad?" Areum asked and Taehyung pouted with his head shaking in disapproval.
"No, It's better if we don't" He said and laid back in the bed, with his legs still dangling down.

Areum looked down at the boy and said,"Why not?"
"Areum you know what he will do" Taehyung said like it was the most obvious thing in the world, which by the way it was.
"My parents are way too over-protective" Taehyung said and pouted.

"It's not their fault Tae, you weren't a kid they expected when you were young" Areum said and Taehyung flinched at the statement.
"Atleast I wasn't a accident though" Taehyung said and got up.

"But you know what's the reason for their over-protectiveness. They don't want you to fall into that habit again" Areum said quitely.
"I won't" Taehyung said.
"I can't say I trust you" Areum whispered but Taehyung somehow heard that.
"What did you say?" He asked, regarding the girl with a look.
"Nothing" Areum said and hastily got up,"Get ready and come down"
"Fine" Taehyung said coldly and the girl winced at the change of tone but shrugged it off.

Taehyung turned on the hot water and the liquid went cascading down his body and he sighed at the relief. The grey head stayed in the position for five minutes straight and then completed his shower and got dressed into a simple white t-shirt and black jeans.

He went down to see his parents and Baekhyun with his soon to be wife and Areum sitting on the dinning table and exchanging random talks. Taehyung joined them with a good morning and finished his breakfast in silence.

***

Seungjae raised his eyebrow at the male when he sat in the seat next to him.
"What is the reason of you to call me here?" He asked as he hit the ignition.

"I needed some space" Taehyung said and crossed his arms over his chest and looked straight ahead. Seungjae gave him a sideway look and went back driving.

"Have you taken me as your personal driver sir" Seungjae tried joking but Taehyung clearly wasn't in mood.

"Hey man what's up with you?" Seungjae finally asked and Taehyung sighed and responded,"I'm a bit on edge today"

"I can see that" Seungjae gave a nod and let the male have his time but Taehyung suddenly spoke—
"How's Jimin though?"

"He's going good so far" Seungjae said,"He is trying to fix himself"
Taehyung hummed and looked out of the window and saw some high schoolers walking on the pavement. They all were laughing and joking about something and one was walking in the end of the group and casually had a cigarette between his lips.

"Where do you wanna go though?" Seungjae asked causing Taehyung to snap back to reality,"We can't drive the whole day"

"Seungjae today I'm feeling like going to the cliff" Taehyung said softly,"Can we get there?"
"Yeah why not!" Seungjae said with a smile,"I know a perfect place near the cliff where we can sit and relax but no one will see us"
"Great" Taehyung said.

"So I guess we should bring some snacks with us as well" Seungjae said,"Soft drinks and crisps and pringles"

"Yeah that and one more thing" Taehyung said calmly.
"What? Oh yeah blankets, it'll get cold" Seungjae said with a grin.

"No" Taehyung said with a shake of his head.
"Then?" Seungjae with a small frown.

"Tell me the place we can get cigarettes from" Taehyung said. And let's just say that Seungjae almost hit the car into the lamp post when he hit the break.