CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Taehyung parked the car near the cemetery and Seungjae was already getting off the car. Taehyung got off and locked the car and ran after the older.

Seungjae's face was still stained with tears, his steps were fast and shaky. Taehyung kept close, ready to catch the older if he stumbled.

The black head went deeper into the cemetery. The smell of flowers and night wind filled the air but somehow it was suffocating. The sun was almost fully hidden at the horizon and casted a red glow over the area, leaving it almost into melancholy darkness.

"It's chilly" Taehyung said, rubbing his arms as white mist escaped his mouth.
"This place is always chilly" Seungjae said and wiped his cheeks and let out a shaky sigh,"Death is chilly Taehyung, death is chilly"

Taehyung looked up at the older and gave a nod, although he couldn't see it as Taehyung was behind him.

Seungjae stopped in front of a particular grave and kneeled down.
"Hello hyung" Seungjae said as he brushed the leaves away from the grave,"I'm sorry I couldn't see you, I had a lot of work. Life of an idol you know"

Taehyung watched silently as Seungjae did small talks which were near answered. He remembered the time when he came to see his grandmother at nights. Crying, sobbing and screaming.

Taehyung sucked in a sharp breath and looked into the chilly woods that surrounded the area, keeping it away from the city.

"You know what Tae" Seungjae said and the younger look back at him and hummed,"Sejun hyung used to tell me alot about one friend of his"

"Really" Taehyung said, his voice thick for an unknown reason.
"Yeah.." Seungjae said and continued dreamily,"He said that he was the only friend he had cause Sejun won't talk with anyone else"

Taehyung didn't know what to say to that, but deep down in his brain; a faint bell was ringing.

"And he said that both of them used  bunk the school and ate at the stalls near the school" Seungjae said and laughed,"Sejuh really wanted to see him again before he—"

"Did he say that they used to fly paper planes on the roof top?" Taehyung asked and his hands started to tremble.
"Yes but how do you know?" Seungjae asked and looked up, tears still evident.

"Cau-cause I was that fr-friend" Taehyung said as he dropped on his knees near the grave.
"How did this happen..." Taehyung breathed out as tears filled his eyes.
"Lung..lung cancer, he used to smoke a lot" Seungjae said and then his eyes widened,"—you used to smoke too"

"He used to beat me up when I did" Taehyung said as he looked down,"He never smoked in front of me"
"He got addicted" Seungjae said and then looked at Taehyung,"Don't tell me that you gave him a cigarette Taehyung"

"I-I..." Taehyung whispered, not being able to muster a word.
"You did, Didn't you?!" Seungjae yelled.

"S-Seungjae...I-I..." Taehyung tried speaking but he was knocked me off his knees by Seungjae as the older climbed over him. He choked Taehyung as the younger tried to pry him off.

"L-leave me!" Taehyung choked, his eyes clouding with tears.
"You killed him!" Seungjae cried, choking Taehyung to the limit where the younger blue.
"I...I didn't..." Taehyung whispered,"I never gave him one...."
Seungjae let go of Taehyung and backed off like the younger stung him.
"What?" Seungjae hissed.
Taehyung turned to his side and coughed, touching his neck and easily located the cuts.

"I never gave him the cigarettes" Taehyung wheezed,"I would never!"
Seungjae let his hands fall to his side and looked away, he could hear Taehyung cough. He pressed his lips together and immediately felt guilty.

"Taehyung I'm sorry" Seungjae breathed out and moved next to the younger.
"It's okay, I understand" Taehyung said and let out a a pained laugh,"I'm born a punching bag"

"Tae....Look I'm sorry" Seungjae said as he put his hand forward to pull up the younger but he pushed it away. Taehyung got up to his feet and faxed Seungjae and then looked at the grave.

"I need some time alone" Taehyung said,"Here"
The younger tossed the keys to Seungjae and said,"You can take the car"
"But..." Seungjae started but Taehyung waved him off.

"I.need.some.time.alone" Taehyung said, emphasizing every word,"Please"
"Okay..." Seungjae said and watched Taehyung disappear through the gates of the cemetery.

Seungjae turned to look at the grave of his brother and let go a pained laugh—
"Hyung you were hella lucky to have a friend like him, no wonder he was the last person you mentioned"

Taehyung hugged himself, shaking in the cold wind and forced back the sobs in his throat. He hiccuped softly and looked around, even the dim street lights looked too bright for him; the air too suffocating.

Taehyung knew he couldn't go home, not in this condition. If by any chance his parents saw these nail marks—don't ask what will happen.

The male wandered the streets for a long time, waiting until it was late enough to sneak back home. Once he was in his room, he had tons of make up items to cover up these marks and he was professional.

"Le-Leave m-me pl-please, it h-hurts.." Taehyung whimpered as the boys placed kicks down on his curled body.
"Can't even speak a word with stuttering can you?" One of them said.

Taehyung reached home after taking a taxi and then went to the back gates which were locked most of the time. He climbed over the iron gates and dropped inside. The male went into the garage and then up the stairs.

He tip toed to his room without getting caught and then slipped into his bed, falling asleep almost immediately but not without nightmares.

****

Merry Christmas 🎄🎄🎄🎁🎁☃️☃️☃️ such a happy chapter for the day