CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Taehyung hit the acceleration and the car smoothly went zooming through the city. The interior was quite apart from silent sounds of their breaths. Taehyung being not in the mood of talking much, Sehu kinda sleepy and Somi too scared to pick out a topic and start talking.

"For how long have you been working here Somi-ah?" Taehyung asked politely.
"About a week" Somi said while fiddling nervously with her shirt's cuff.
"Nice.." Taehyung breathed out,"Well how is it? All the work and others here?"
"They are nice with me" Somi said with a small nod.
"You don't sound good" Taehyung said with concern,"I mean are you nervous or something?"
Somi turned her head to see her boss looking at the road then her and at the road again. There was something about his stare that made her wanna run away. No wonder the CEO signed the letter so quickly and didn't budge when Somi pleaded to him.
"You will fire me" Somi blurted out and then cussed herself. Sehu made a sound of disapproval at the sudden loud voice and went back to sleep.

"Fire you? Why so?" Taehyung asked with amusement lacing his voice.
"C-cause I-I failed Y-you" Somi stuttered nervously, waiting to hear the three magic words and in her case they were—
You are fired.

"You didn't fail me in anything Somi" Taehyung laughed lightly,"It's okay don't be nervous. I'm not even your boss"
"You aren't?" Somi asked with furrowed eyebrows.
"Who told you I was" Taehyung said with a confused face.
"Well one of the worker told me that you are such a hot guy to be her boss and said that she wished that you fuck her in the office and she also drools over your picture that she clicked while you were here to see—wait I spoke more than I should have" Somi cussed under her breath and smacked her forehead. She looked at Taehyung nervously who was staring at the road calmly.

"Did you hear anything?" Somi asked wishing that the guy zoned out.
"I heard everything" Taehyung said and Somi whimpered.
"I'm so sorry" She said not even knowing why,"I shouldn't have said any of it. Please don't fire her, You can fire me instead"
"Somi shut up" Taehyung said quietly,"I'm used to all these things okay? Some of my fans were hard stans and I have read some of the fan fictions they wrote"
"Yeah I know you were in bts" Somi said with a nod,"And I too read some of them, but not the English ones only Korean"

"Don't read the english ones if you want a clean mind" Taehyung said with a chuckle.
"You know English!?" Somi said and Taehyung gave a nod.
"I'm fluent" Taehyung said,"Never showed it"
"Oh..." Somi said,"But sorry for saying that again. I have a big mouth"
"Your big mouth is better than you quite one" Taehyung said with a smile and Somi felt a warm blush creep up her cheeks and she busied herself by looking out of the window.

***

Taehyung dropped Somi at her apartment and Sehu reluctantly got off at the office building.
"You sure that you don't want me?" Sehu asked and Taehyung shook his head and drove away. Leaving behind Sehu with his coat fluttering in cold wind.

Sehu sighed and wrapped the coat around him tighter and went inside the warmth of the building.
"Your son's crazy" Sehu said as he closed the door behind him.
"That's the reason he is my son" Sungmin said calmly and flipped through the family album and smiling at his son's pictures as a baby.

***

"Taehyung!!"
Was the first thing the male heard and was tackled with tight, bone crushing hugs. His former stylist pulled away and smiled brightly at the grey head.
"Oh my god, you look so different" She said and sniffled while fixing the younger's outfit.
"Do I? I'm a mess right now" Taehyung said and chuckled.
"We all miss you so much!" She said and hugged Taehyung again.
"So do I" Taehyung said warmly and returned the hug.
"I don't know what will happen after they sell this company" The stylist said and sniffled,"I don't even know if they will keep us in this job or not. Or bangtan or not"

"Don't worry, everything will be okay" Taehyung said and pushed the bangs of her eyes.
"Nothing has been the same since you left" She said softly and then smiled.

"Pdnim is in the office I suppose" she said and Taehyung gave a respectful bow and left.

The hall was the same, just dull and without any cheerfulness. Taehyung went to the oh so familiar door and stood in front it for sometime to gain his courage. He gripped the knob and the cool metal was smooth against his palm as he slowly twisted it.

Inside there was nothing.

Except for boxes and a glass table and couch. All the photo frames and awards were removed and we're safely kept in the brown cardboard boxes, Taehyung felt a lump in his throat when his eyes fell on the lone figure standing in the center with back towards him.

Taehyung entered wordlessly and closed the door behind him, his breaths were becoming hard to get a control on.
"I told everyone to leave me alone" Pdnim said while turning around but he stopped short when his orbs fell on Taehyung.
"Taehyung?" He breathed out and the overwhelmed younger just gave a hesitant nod.

"How come you are here?" Pdnim asked as he set down the photo frame his was holding down.
"I heard what happened.." Taehyung said nervously, his confidence from earlier broken into nothing.
"Here to laugh at my face?" Pdnim asked coldly.
Taehyung quickly shook his head and passed the file quitely to the older.
"I'm here to return what truly belongs to you" Taehyung's voice was barely above a whisper.

Pdnim opened the file and his eyes widened and he looked at Taehyung in bewilderment.
"You can't be serious!" Pdnim exclaimed and Taehyung shrugged, fiddling with his cuff.
"I am" Taehyung said,"I'm sorry for being so disrespectful but I couldn't even bear that someone took away something that took years for you to build. I—"

Taehyung couldn't continue as Pdnim pulled him into a bone crushing hug and sobbed in his shoulder.
"I'm so sorry Taehyung" He cried,"I'm so sorry"

Taehyung couldn't stop the tears of his own and crumbled into the arms of the older, sobbing like a baby. His blurry eyes focused and unfocused on the picture in the photo frame. It had a picture of the group, and he was in it as well.

It made him sob harder.

***

I updated wo ho