CHAPTER FORTY - final

[ Long ass chapter ahead ]

"Taehyung we need to talk" Sungmin said seriously and the boy sighed. He set aside the milk carton he had in his hand and went to the couches and sat down.

"What about dad?" Taehyung asked and looked at his parents and Areum and Baekhyun sitting solemnly and nervously on the couches. Jiwoo sat beside Baekhyun playing with her ring, not knowing what to say. But she felt like it was right to sit there.

"I came to know about something" Sungmin said and Taehyung raised his eyebrows.
"Came...to..know what?" Taehyung asked and looked over at Baekhyun and gave him a look with eyes narrowed.

"You met an accident, didn't you?" Sungmin asked and Youngae sighed and Taehyung lips parted.

"N-No...what are you saying.." Taehyung stammered and Sungmin glared at him.
"Don't lie" His father warned and Taehyung sighed.

"Yes..Yes I met a Goddamn accident" Taehyung said,"And what about that?"

"Why didn't you tell us" Youngae said and Taehyung scoffed.
"And would you do if I did?" Taehyung said harshly and Areum gave him a look.

"Tae..we are you your parents, we have the right to know" Youngae said and Taehyung laughed sarcastically.

"No..let me tell you what you would have done" Taehyung spat,"You would have ruined the boys' career and then sent the driver of the truck to jail"

"We would never" Sungmin said and Taehyung scoffed.
"Oh please dad" Taehyung growled,"We all know that is what you would have done"

"Taehyung control yourself" Baekhyun warned and Jiwoo gripped on her husband's arm to keep him calm.

"Why should I always control myself?" Taehyung said and stood up,"Why should I always act like a doll!?"

"Tae we are trying to help you here" Sungmin said and Areum gulped as Taehyung glared at his own father.

"Trying to help me huh?" Taehyung snarled, his calm facade being replaced by the broken and distorted image of a troubled boy.

"You can't help me" Taehyung said, his voice raising by every word,"You can't help me! Not now atleast"

"Tae sit down" Youngae frowned.

"No! Why should I always be the one sitting down?!" Taehyung screamed; tears prickling his eyes.

"—you wanna know what is happening to me? Then listen" Taehyung growled,"I'm depressed, I'm broken. I'm constantly being haunted by nightmares. I tried killing myself three times for the past week. I'm becoming a fuckin alcohol addict. Wanna know what happened behind your back? I was a chain smoker back in high school. I got into physical fights with my bullies. My best friend fucking died from lung cancer and I never knew. The boys tortured and beat me up every single day and seethed me to the extent that they ruined my mental, my physical and my emotional health. The more you kept me in a fuckin comfort bubble the more it ruined me. If you think why I didn't tell you, then let me tell you then I was so damn sure that you would ruin the fuckin career of the boys and then send the driver of the truck that hit me to jail. You guys became so fuckin over protective that I began fearing what you might do next! I began hiding my problems as much as possible cause you always over react to them. You are the reason you son became this!"

Taehyung stopped and huffed out heavy breaths, tears flowing down his cheeks and dripping down on the carpet.

The house dead silent. The family had dismisses the servants after the wedding, so the house was empty.