CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Taehyung shot up in his bed and looked around, his hand shooting up to his neck to ensure it was there.

Nightmares, the nightmare which always get the best of him. First they were scary yes. But now they were more realistic and delusional at the same time.

Taehyung's chest heaved up and down as he tried to recollect his breath. His eyes watered at the random thought of the knife piercing the neck of the little girl in front of him and bile filled his throat.

Taehyung jumped off from his bed and ran to the washroom, falling to his knees on the floor and throwing up in the toilet. He gagged and coughed to let out any trace of food from his stomach.

After several minutes of gagging and cursing, Taehyung flushed the mess and got up. He rinsed his mouth and washed his face. He was still trembling and his legs felt like jelly under him, he would have collapsed if it wasn't the sink he was holding.

If was so fucked up for him.

Life was taking the best of him by now, pushing him to the point where he could hear himself cracking. The tapes he had put on to hold back the walls from falling were being peeled off, slowly everything was crumbling.

Thinking too much ??

After having a fight with a friend, was he thinking to much? Yes he was and what did you expect from him. Was the feeling of digging nails in his neck a pleasant one. After suffering so much, was it pleasant?

Every time Taehyung closed his eyes he saw the images of his bruises and cuts and it made him shiver. Taehyung looked up in the mirror and saw the beaten up image of himself.

He let out a hysterical laugh and pointed at himself and laughed more.
"Gosh boy you are fucked up" Taehyung drawled,"Damn die already"

Taehyung fell silent and turned his head to the side and met his gaze into the mirror. Death huh? It didn't sound so bad after all. One hand full of pills or cuts driven into his wrist, how much will it hurt? For how long? Ten minutes? Five minutes? Ten seconds?

A little bit of suffering and it will end, all of it will end. Taehyung turned to look at the cupboard which held medicines. He almost reached for it but then shook his head.

What the hell was he thinking. He had a family, he had friends. He had to act like a doll for them. He had to smile for them, he had to exist for them. He had to be there for them. Even if he didn't want to.

He had to. He was expected to.

Taehyung let his hand fall back and sighed. He turned on the tap and filled the bathtub with warm water. He went out and grabbed some clothes and locked the door.

The grey head stripped off the clothes and sat in the bathtub filled with warm water which felt like silk to his skin. He stared into the ripples of the water and zoned out.

How drowning would feel? How will it feel when the water will rush into his lungs and force the air out. Taehyung began sliding down into the bathtub without thinking. He didn't even stop when the water level went to his lips, his nose, his eyes. Water blocked Taehyung's ears and all the silent noises became muffled. His chest began aching and slowing it began to feel as if it was on fire.

"Taehyung! You in there!?" He heard a scream and he sat up in the tub and coughed out water, choking for air.

"You okay!?" He heard the worried voice of Areum. What the heck was he doing..

"I'm fine!" He said, trying to assure her; like he always did. Not her, he hurt everyone; he wasn't going to hurt her. No.

"You sure?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm fine Areum" Taehyung said and closed his eyes and whispered to himself,"I'm fine. I need to be"

"Be down for breakfast, okay?" Areum sounded like she was worried like if she looked away Taehyung will disappear or Taehyung was just being paranoid.

"Okay" He said and then he heard the retreating footsteps of her. The male ran his hand across his face and let it fall back into the water.

"I'm so sorry" Taehyung mumbled to no one and then snorted—"I forgot that I'm not even allowed to break"

***

A quick chapter for the wonderful beginning of year 2019 !!! (Tho the chapter is a depressed shit)

But all the best everyone for being a part of my journey this year !! And I hope that you will be here even in 2019 !!

May the God bless you and your family with all the blessings and happiness 😊

And as the year has ended, one question—

Which moment in the book made you cry and which moment made you laugh ??

If there is any, please share it with me !! I'm pretty curious and if there is some from the other books, tell that on my message board !!

I hope you guys will do it ;)

At the end,
Happy new year to all of you 💜💜
I purple you 💜