Chapter 5 : Roommates

My alarm rings. I'm so sleepy.

-Hey, turn that damn alarm off!

Oh wait. Where am I? I suddenly remember and stand up straight. My phone, where is my phone? It's lost in my blanket but I quickly find it and turn the alarm off.

-I'm sorry, really.

I don't even know who I'm talking to. When I turn my head to the right, all I can see from the other bed is the top of a black haired head under a a blanket.

-Mmh...

Okay. I won't disturb her anymore. I get up, take my toilet bag, my clothes, my phone, and leave the room. The sun is beginning to rise outside and I hear that someone is in the kitchen. I hurry to put my stuff in the bathroom and go to the kitchen. She's the girl whose name I couldn't remember.

-Good morning, are you already up?

She bows with a large smile and pass her hand through her hair.

-Yes I am, I wanted to make breakfast for everyone since it's our first day together.

She's like a little sun. Her brown hair forms a halo around her pretty face. I curse myself inwardly for not remembering her name. I approache and reach out my hand to her :

-Thank you so much, I'm Ha Neul, don't know if you remember me.

I didn't know it was possible, but her smile grows bigger and she gives my handshake back.

-No problem, I'm happy to do it. My name's Iseul!

Congratulations Ha Neul, your plan worked. I smile to Iseul and tell her that I'm going to dress up. When I enter the bathroom, Eun Jae is already here, brushing her teeth. She smiles at my with a sleepy look. I wave at her and take my clothes. Where can I dress up if there's people everywhere? Eun Jae musts see me pondering cause she says, with toothpast in the mouth :

-I'll soon be done, you'll have the bathroom for you unnie!

I smile and start to brush my teeth too.

Later, when I come in the kitchen again, Eun Jae and Iseul are discussing, but my roommate still isn't there. Thinking of that, our room door opens and a girl get out of it. Finally. I bow at her as soon as she's close to me and say :

-Hello, sorry for bothering you with my alarm earlier. I'm Kang Ha Neul.

-Mmh okay. Just don't do that again. I'm Jee Hoo.

Even though she just woke up, I can tell how beautiful she is. She is tall, has long black hair and a pretty face. She doesn't even look at me and goes to the bathroom. I turn to look at Eun Jae and Iseul, and see their embarassed looks. Iseul breaks the silence :

-Don't be angry, I think she was a bit upset that you didn't greet her yesterday. I'm sure everything will be alright once you apologize!

Oh. I hope too. I don't want to make ennemies, especially with my roommate. Eun Jae knocks at the bathroom door and tells Jee Hoo that the breakfast is ready, but she doesn't get any answer. When she comes back in the kitchen, she surely sees my gaze, the "I want to eat quickly and get out of here" one, and she waves at me to sit down.

-Eat while it's still hot unnie. I'll explain to Jee Hoo.

She's so nice. I thank her many times and eat her delicious breakfast. I couldn't finish my ramen last night so I'm glad that I have a real meal now. Iseul look at me with a smile and points at the fridge.

-Ha Neul, we decided something yesterday, and now we need to know if you agree. We think that we'll all have different schedules, so it'll be difficult to always eat together. Because of that, we decided that we will all buy our own food, so there won't be any problem of sharing or someting like that. What do you think about it?

I nodd while chewing my rice and put my thumb up to show that I approve. When I finally gulp down, I answer :

-That's perfect for me, I agree. But wouldn't it be great if we could eat together from time to time?

Eun Jae and Iseul nodd and begin to eat too. I'm comfortable with these two, but I feel like it'll be harder with Jee Hoo.

When she comes out of the bathroom, she's even more beautiful. She has braided her hair and her outfit shows her off. Her tight clothes show his skinny body and pretty shapes. Eun Jae stands up and take a plate.

-Sorry, we began to eat without you, otherwise the food would be cold. Do you want me to warm your food up?

Jee Hoo take the plate from Eun Jae's hands and smile at her.

-I'll eat it like that, thank you.

What a transformation. A few minutes later, she was cold and didn't speak, and now she shows a happy and nice face. I guess she's a bit moody. I'll get used to it with time.

-Have you already met with the other members?

Iseul swallows her food and answer at my question:

-Yes, we went to the restaurant yesterday, but since you weren't at home, we couldn't ask you to come with us. But we'll go again soon! By the way, two guys, Min Hwan and Seung Min oppas weren't there either. You already know Seung Min, right?

Oh... so I missed the chance to know the other members better. I nodd at Iseul's question and wonder where could Seung Min be.

-I practiced with Min Hwan yesterday, but I don't know when he left so maybe he didn't come for another reason.

When Jee Hoo hears me talking about boys, she gets closer and whispers :

-What do you think about the boys? Don't you think they're good looking?

Eun Jae blushes and Iseul laughs while nodding. My mouth is full but I still talk:

-I didn't really look at their faces... I was too focused on trying to remember their name... but the only two that I know are... yeah I guess we can say that they're nice.

We talk freely like that during the breakfast, and when I'm finally done, I put my plate in the dishwasher and go to the room to pack my stuff. When I'm about to get out of the room, I see my reflect in the mirror and stop in front of it. Compare to Jee Hoo, I'm not really special, I could even say that I am on the low-average of beauty. My dark brown hair are attached in a lazy ponytail and the roots are already black again, I'm wearing XL-sized clothes and I don't wear a lot of makeup, just some basements and mascara. I sigh and promise to myself that I'll make an effort about my appearance the next days.

While putting my shoes on, Iseul suddenly appears behind my back and jumps on the spot with her usual smile. I turn to her and ask :

-What's the matter Iseul?

Like earlier when we introduced to each other, her smile grows bigger and she hardly contains her enthusiasm :

-Are you going to practice unnie? Please, can I come with you? I never did before and I want to learn, please I'm begging you!

She bows almost to the ground as I start laughing. She's really cute, her joy is contagious and touching.

-Of course you can Iseul, go take your stuff and come with me.

A small scream escapes from her mouth and she runs to her room without stopping to thank me. I rub my face, happy to see such a good new trainee. I don't think I had the half of her happiness when I began my training. I had just left my family, almost kicked out of the house, so I guess I was just relieved instead of happy.

She takes only two minutes and when she comes back with her bag, we finally leave the apartment and go down to the agency's building.

We just entered the building when the director comes from nowhere and freaks me out. I need to hold my scream and almost fall from fear. I come back to reality and bow in unison with Iseul.

-Come in the third practice room today at 11 am. I'll designate the teams and assign the first work. Don't be late.

-Yes ma'am!

We bow again and wait for her to be away before straighten up.

So today the competition begins.