Bonus chapter 1 : Campus memories

Min Hwan used to be someone quiet, obedient and shy. But an unexpected meeting that could have never happened, changed everything.

His dream has always been to become a dancer and a singer. He worked hard his whole life, with the support of his parents, and was given the opportunity to be hired in an entertainment agency as a trainee when he was sixteen.

March 3, 2016

The contract is signed. The contract that says that he is now a mid-student, the contract that says that he is intended to be apart of the rest of the students, because of his difference. He knew that becoming a trainee involved him to be left apart, but he still chose to sign these papers.

Min Hwan is now heading, alone in the campus of the highschool, to his first class. The area is desert, all the students are already in their classes, because the lessons started a few minutes ago. The young boy thought that he was going to stay invisible today, he's secretly hoping that no one will notice him. He hates being the "new one". But destiny has decided something else, because at the corner of a hallway, he surprises a real monster beating a student. The guy is probably two heads taller than him, and just looks like a mountain of muscles.

Min Hwan is supposed to go to class, but he can't look away of the scenery in front of him. A boy, probably the same age as him, is flying in the air, a bully holding him by the colar. The boy's black hair is dishevelled, his uniform is scruffy, he has a cutted lip and a black eye. But what surprises Min Hwan the most is his glance. He is defiant, and looks at his offender right in the eyes, smirking.

-So what? Are you gonna kill me? If you could not do it for too long, I have a busy schedule, there's still three of you that told me I was gonna die today.

The bully groans furiously and throws the boy on the floor like a common rag.

-Shut the fuck up you little fag!

Min Hwan is still petrified, a few meters away from the scene, but when the monster starts kicking his target in the stomach and legs, his body reacts before his mind. He runs to the fight, agitating his arms, as if it could change anything.

-Stop! Stop that!

The bully looks at him with curious eyes but stops beating the boy on the floor. With a deep disregard, he spits on the floor, staring at Min Hwan.

-What do you want kid? I'm busy.

While he's looking at him, the boy on the floor has straightened up and suddenly bites his offender's leg, which makes him grown and immediately reacts with a strong kick.

-Fuck! I'm not over with you faggot!

And he leaves as if nothing happened. Min Hwan runs to the victime and kneels next to him.

-Are you okay? Should I call for help?

The boy bursts in laughter and sits on the floor, coughing. He shakes his head, trying to puts his hair in a correct way. After a quick stretching of his back and arms, he stands up and gives a hand to Min Hwan, still helpless.

-You're funny newbie. Trust me, he's been nice today. But you're probably dead as of today.

Min Hwan takes the hand to stand up too and gives his owner an interrogative look that makes him laugh even more.

-Don't make such a face. It's a metaphor, you know? You just "helped" a gay who was being bullied, so you're probably on the blacklist special pussy now. I'm Hyo, Lee Hyo.

Min Hwan is really lost. What did he get himself into?

-I'm... Choi Min Hwan. Nice to meet you... I guess?