CH. 9 Silly K

3rd POV

The day starts again and Jaquilin can't help but sighs as she looks at her room, full with dirty clothes that she always wants to do but never actually wash them. She scratches her head as she turns around and walks into the kitchen and grabs the coffee mug that she just made this morning. 

Living in her own condo makes her relax, knowing that if she's still living with her parents, her mother would already burn her clothes instead of washing them. 

Once she was done drinking, she heads to the parking lot, with her bag on her shoulder. arriving in the parking lot she saw Justin, her soon to be husband. Just thinking about it leaves a bitter taste on her tongue. She tiptoes her way to her BMW trying to be discreet as possible but Justin still spotted her.

''Hi future wife!'' Justin greets enthusiastically as he walks closer to her. 

''Um... hi, Justin..'' She unconsciously scratches her neck as she comes up with an excuse. She hastily opens her bag and fish out her phone, instantly the screen lits up showing ''Silly K''. Without thinking twice she answers the call.

''What do you want Ms. Fiore?'' She says boredly, as she puts her things inside her car, ignoring the Justin behind her. 

''Why do you have to address me by my surname when you can call me your babe?'' says Ms. Fiore aka Kayla Fiore. Jaq huffs at Kayla's immaturity as she proceeds to enter her car. 

''How many times do I have to say that I'm not interested.'' She spats back as she inserts the keys, revived the engine. She was about to step on the gas pedal when Justin taps her car's window.

''Are you not even gonna say more after that hi?'' he asks pouting. 

'' Sorry but I'm busy, bye.'' She said before speeding out of the parking lot, ignoring her future husband.

''Who's voice was that?'' asks Kayla with a hint of concern in her voice. 

''None of your business.'' After that was a long silence.

''Sheez! That's why I told you not to drink too much coffee, you get bitter,'' says Kayla completely unaffected by Jaquilin's cold reply.

''Don't you have something to do? You're the vice president after all.''

''Yeah but...''

''But what?'' asks Jaquilin as she gets closer to her destination, DREVC.

''I have no one to bother..'' she reasoned with a pout as she plays with the paper ball that she made while she was in the meeting.

''Really? So that's why you called me.''

'' Yeah, well, that's one of the reasons why.'' She says with a hint of flirting.

''Uh huh, I'm inside the company's building-'' But before she could finish her sentence, Kayla butted in.

''Say no more! I'll run down the lobby!''

''Just do your-'' Kayla hangs up the phone.

Jaquilin mutters profanities as she starts walking faster towards the elevator wanting to avoid Kayla's flirtatiousness.

Ding!

She pushed the elevator's button, after a few seconds, the door slowly opens revealing a grinning Kayla who's wearing a  red blazer and a pair of a graphic tee, distressed denim.

'' Told ya I'll be here,'' Kayla says as she tries not to show to Jaquilin her catching her breath.

Jaquilin wants to facepalm herself but decided not to. She enters the elevator and says nothing to Kayla who starts sweating. She pushed the 24th-floor button and tries hard not to pay Kayla any attention but she can't help to because the woman has been coughing for 49 seconds.

She swiftly turns to look at the sweating woman, she tries to look at Kayla's face but her eyes keep on getting lower, staring at Kayla's sexy neck. Kayla noticed the secretary's gaze and smirk. 

You'll be mine, someday   - She thought to herself as they both wait for the elevator's door to open.

To be continued.