17: The Truth

Rosé's POV

*knock*knock*

"Coming!" I yelled from the living room.

As I unlocked the door I saw Mrs. Park.

"Oh! Mrs. Park what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I came over to say thank you for the birthday surprise you guys did yesterday and I wanted to give you something back as a thank you so." She handed me a box of mangos.

"I heard you liked mangos so I brought a box of them for you and maybe when your friends come over you guys could eat it together."

I smiled brightly. "Thank you Mrs. Park. I'll enjoy the mangos."

"Well I better head back my husband just got back from his vacation. I'll see you soon."

"Yes and thank you again." I said before she left.

I shut the door and went into the kitchen and opened the box of mangos. Once I opened it I saw a letter. I picked it up and read it.

Note:

Dear Chaeyoung,

Thank you for the birthday surprise you and your friends did for me. I haven't had a birthday like that for many years now. You and your friends have made me truly happy. But...there is still one thing I wish I still had. But I know I can't. So I just want to let you know that I'm going to retire from my job since I'm getting old now and I need to start taking care of myself.

Remember that one time you said you wanted to become a singer. Well maybe your dream will come true one day. Just keep having faith in you and never give up on your dreams.
-From Mrs. Park

For some reason I felt....sad not just because she's retiring but there's something I don't know that's making me have this weird feeling.

And..I don't understand how she knows my real name. No one has called me Chaeyoung except for Jennie and the girls including Jimin and Jungkook and...how does she know I wanted to be a singer when I grow up?

Who is she really??

Jimin's POV

Note:

Dear Jimin,

Thank you so much for the birthday surprise you and your friends did for me. I'm feel so happy thanks to you guys. I don't know what to do to repay you guys. I just wish I could hug you right now. Anyways I just want to let you know that I'm retiring from my job since I'm getting old now and I need to start taking care of myself.

Remember that one time when you hurt yourself from falling off your bike when you were little. You made a promise that you'll become a hero and protect your loved ones and others. I hope you still kept your promise. Thank you once again.
-From Mrs. Park

My eyes begin to water. For some reason I had this weird feeling inside my chest. What's wrong with me.

I placed the note down and looked  inside the box. I saw a knitted shirt. I took it out and examined it.

That's when everything flashed inside my head.

I remember seeing this. I made this when I was little...with my mother.