Chapter 10 The life of -

So this is what it felt like preparing for your doom .

Literally giving yourself over to be nothing more than just another number in society.

This was the life of a breeder. 

Today's the day . It's D-day .

The day I was being forced to attend my first appointment with the hopes that they could get me pregnant with the first try.

Yeah right .

So here I was picking out my outfit for the appointment,  my very green outfit. I might as well have worn barf.  But nevertheless,  I settled on a flowy mint green skater dress.

It was 8 . So that meant my prison warden would be here any minute now to take me away . I know in a lot of ways this is far from a prison set up but just the way that I'm being treated ,makes me believe that I am , indeed in prison , and that nothing can be worse.

As if right on time , my door clicked open as I turned around and came face to face with Evan.  He was the last person I expected to see today. 

"Evan !" I exclaimed as I walked over to him.

"Breeder 478 come on, they're waiting for you in Lab 4." He said in his 'soldier voice ' but his face told me to play along since someone is most likely watching us .

I obliged and followed him down to the lab . It was dead silent . Not a person in sight or a sound being heard. So if no one's here , why did we need to keep this act up ?

"In here. " he said as I followed him into the room.

"Okay ? So what now ? "

"Sorry about earlier.  There's surveillance camera's everywhere .I had to keep the act up, you know ." He explained as he took his hat off , placing it neatly on the table .

"No problem . So why exactly am I in this small room with you? " I clarified my previous question.

"I kind of have to inspect you and check to see that you have no weapons or anything on you . Do you have any of those on you ? " he asked with his brow raised curiously.

"No? "

"Good. Saves me a lot of time. " he said relieved letting out a sigh.  "So come on then,  can't keep them waiting. " he said sarcastically as I followed him out the room and into another room filled with medical equipment.  The mere sight of everything and the stench of disinfectant that filled the room,  sent a shiver down my spine.

He walked me over to a medical table that seemed cold from a distance and I'm sure that not even the paper towl covering it could take away the cold that lied beneath it.

"Take a seat,they'll be here any minute now . " he said in his usual calming voice. 

I hopped on the table as I looked up seeing Evan look at me with worry .

"Evan ? I'm scared ..." I admitted,  looking down at my lap , fiddling with my fingers . He then took his index finger and guided my head back up , my eyes meeting his soft gaze.

"Don't be . Everything will be okay . I made sure of it ." He reassured me as I somewhat felt better about the situation. 

Not long after, a man in a white lab coat appeared that I suddenly felt scared all over again . Who knew how this operation would work and what terrors were waiting for me .

It's when he entered the room that Evan straightened up and moved away from me that I knew , there's nothing I could do now . And nothing Evan could do even if he wanted to.

"Did you bring it ? " the man asked Evan , as he promptly nod his head and took a tube out of his pocket , handing it to the Dr ? Professor?  Doesn't matter , he handed it to him.

"Restrain Breeder 478." He ordered Evan as I watched him move over to me with pleading eyes .

"I'm sorry Andy ." He whispered close to me - so no one could hear - as he gripped my arms and pinned them down on the bed while another soldier put cuffs on my wrists , then doing the same with my ankles .

I struggled to get free and move in any way ,but I was stuck and not going anywhere for a while . It was when the Dr walked closer to me with a large needle - with some weird colored substance - that Evan closed his eyes , looking away from me .

My petty cries for help was all that was heard as the needle pierced every inch of my skin at my thigh. Tears were streaming down my cheeks and my ankles and wrists hurt from all the restraining of the cuffs from trying to get free.

This was the most pain I have ever felt and experienced in my life. And a part of me hoped that Evan would've helped me . Guess I was wrong about him ...

I could feel everything,every excruciating , detailed bit of pain of what was happening to me . I could even feel the liquid drip slowly into my bloodstream and mix with it . But when he removed the needle , that was when I started to kick and scream all over again.  It felt as if they were ripping my skin out along with the needle painfully slow and leaving an open wound.

I watched him step back and turn towards Evan as I tried to see what was happening through my teary eyes.

"Try 1 complete. Breeder 478 has successfully been injected with Donor 506. "  He replied as Evan wrote every word down on a clipboard , making my head spin from what he was saying. He was talking as if I were a test subject or a guinea pig not a living, breathing human being that they were misusing.

He then left the room as Evan made his way back to me .
I watched him as he put on surgical gloves and addressed the wound it left on my thigh. I whimperd with each touch , I could practically feel how deep it pierced my skin.

After he bandaged it , he unlocked the cuffs and helped me back up .

"You okay? "

"Yeah , I think so . Just hurts." I replied while we walked back to my room .

"See , I told you, you're tough. "

"Hardly . So what exactly happend to me cause I can't remember anything but my screams ?"

"Basically, they took Donor 506's sperm and injected it into your bloodstream . In some weird scientific way it'll find it's way to your eggs and hopefully fertilize them . " he replied with a shrug as if it was no big deal.

"Yeah , fingers crossed this stupid thing works. " I said sarcastically,  walking over to my bed , sitting down. "So , do you know who , Donor 506 is ? I mean I don't want to be no carrier for some creep or weirdo ."

"Yeah. But I'm afraid that information is classified. "

"Please?  Pretty please ? With a cherry on the very top ?" I practically begged him, which is weird considering my personality .

"All I can say is that you know him. It's not a stranger . "

"Luke ? Cody ? What if it's Ben !? " I suddenly realized as I fell back on the bed thinking about him again , more like daydreaming.

"Yeah . I think I should go . It's probably for the best. " Evan said , walking back to the door.

"No ! Stay . Please? "

"I have to go . Bye ." He replied sharply and walked to the door leaving me confused and bewildered behind.

What was his deal ?

What did you think!? I've never writen a chapter like this before so bare with me if this is too cringy I'm so sorry 🙈but yeah,  leave your thoughts and comments down below and like always thank you for reading ❤❤❤